Where to buy a sport jacket?

<p>Just got to Tuscaloosa tonight for the big move-in tomorrow and my son needs a new sport jacket - can anyone suggest where to go? He moves in tomorrow at 11am so I thought we could run out after he gets settled. I only have tomorrow afternoon to find him one because I fly back to NJ early Sunday morning…any suggestions where to go that is fairly convenient? Thanks!</p>

<p>belk</p>

<p>sometimes target has them</p>

<p>idk if there is a kohls there</p>

<p>Belks Jcpennys at the Mall or Shirt Shop downtown. The Shirt Shop is very nice and may do the A monogram inside ( or that could be Brooks Brothers which is not in Tuscaloosa)</p>

<p>If by chance it is for Fraternity rushing…you may also consider going to a thrift shop. The pledges usually cut the lining out to stay cooler during the fall.</p>

<p>JC Penney?</p>

<p>I bought my last one at Belk in Montgomery – should have same in T-Town</p>

<p>There’s a Mens Wearhouse - 1140 Veterans Memorial Parkway. I know they offer free lifetime pressing if you buy a suit. Not sure if that applies to sport coats. Probably doesn’t apply if you cut the lining out. ;)</p>

<p>Actually it is for fraternity functions - I never heard of cutting out the lining but I can definitely see why they would! I am new to the fraternity stuff but I assumed that khaki pants, shirt/tie and sport jacket is fine- is that right? thanks for any suggestions!</p>

<p>i am no expert, but it has been mentioned here that pledges get a sportcoat/blazer and cut the lining out. in that case you would want a decent one (with lining) and an alternate.</p>

<p>idk if they mentioned going to a thrift store or not, but you certainly could!</p>

<p>Belk, JC Penneys, Jos A Bank…probably some others there.</p>

<p>Men’s Wearhouse is by David’s Bridal…it’s also a tux rental place.</p>

<p>I think Jos A Bank is having specials right now. </p>

<p>Also…LandsEnd…sometimes can get on clearance. If not sure of size, order a couple then return the wrong one(s) to Sears for full refund.</p>

<p>Try to get a NATURAL fiber (silk, summer wool, etc) and cut the lining out. Polyester will likely cause extreme heat.</p>