Which is the prettiest/most beautiful UC Campus?

<p>im also curious which is the largest (acres/population)</p>

<p>In my opinion, UCLA or Cal is the prettiest.</p>

<p>The largest in square acres is now Merced.</p>

<p>quite a few people at school tell me UCSD is the prettiest - but how could this be; i've seen some of the pics from bestfouryears.com and those were very unimpressive. Also, in the acceptance package they sent me, they have a pic of their library, with a very unappealing background - theres like a random shrub there!</p>

<p>forget it im moving this thread to College Admissions for this subforum is not active enuf =)</p>

<p>Cal: Most historical by far. Variety in buildings. Very good looking structures. Great natural surroundings. However, no theme. IMO #1
UCLA: Very well kept, has a very artificial feel. Mostly brick buildings. Has a very strong prevailing theme, however. #2 IMO.
SC: Blends into surroundings very well, but no dominant theme. No 3</p>

<p>I remember thinking UCLA was a very nice looking campus when I visited about five years ago. I think the prettiest would be either LA or Cal.</p>

<p>I can't comment on the other colleges because I haven't been to any of the other ones apart from SD.</p>

<p>Here's a link with some good SD pictures: <a href="http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage-11673.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage-11673.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Personally, I like UCSD's campus the most, followed by CAL and UCLA.</p>

<p>UCSD, the Pacific Ocean is the best backdrop you can have.</p>

<p>IMO, UCLA (well the North campus) and Cal. Berkeley cause of the history and UCLA just looks nice with the brick buildings. Schools like UCSD and UCI have nice campuses too but in a different way I guess. Just not the same history etc.</p>

<p>Agghhhh! What happened to UCSB?! Right on the beach? The buildings are a little shoddy-looking, but man, around Manzanita, you just can't beat that. Though I must say that UCSD does bring the competition pretty fierce. If you're not so "in" to the beach, then Davis is probably your best bet (so long as you stay on campus). UCLA? Concrete Jungle. UCB? Older than dirt. UCSD is shiny... shiny...</p>

<p>JK. Most of the campuses are really nice in their own way. You can't really compare UCD to UCSB or SD, it's a different environment. Same with Cal and LA, Cal's the old school concrete jungle, but it's nice in it's own way; LA's the new school concrete jungle, but again nice in it's own way. Irvine is like a park, so if you like that feel, power to you. Never been to Riverside/Santa Cruz, though I've heard Santa Cruz is nice on the eyes.</p>

<p>BackToReality</p>

<p>UCSC Deffinitly Its in a forest lol. How does it get any more beautiful</p>

<p>Santa Cruz, oh yes... Spent 5 days up there and had the nicest views I woke up to. I posted my experience there already... in some CC thread. Seriously, being able to stand 10 feet away from a doe and her offspring is a breathtaking experience. And I've had 2 more deer incidents up there after that particular one.</p>

<p>UCSD I love to death. Visited, fell in love, felt at peace, smelled the ocean, felt at home. I live in an area really, really close to the water, so my nose can pick up the smallest molecule of oceanwater scent.</p>

<p>Man... :sigh: I love both campuses. Heard good things about UCSB, too, and I intend on visiting if I go to UCSD.</p>

<p>ucsc also is nearby to some of the most amazing tidal life anywhere...</p>

<p>i go there once in awhile to catch abalone , yes ($50 dollars a pop) for the price of a fishing license. there is an abundance of life from limpets, anenome, crabs, etc.</p>

<p>cmon UCSB is the only school with ITS OWN BEACH. the beach right there is literally owned by the school. you can't beat that :)</p>

<p>Cal is definately the prettiest I visted.</p>

<p>I've been to Cal on rainy gray days, and I've been to Cal on sunny gorgeous days. The affect on the atmosphere is astounding. While Cal I think eclipses UCLA on a gorgeous day, UCLA is more constant in its good looks (I think.)</p>

<p>CAL, UCLA and Davis for their open quads and University feel. I like the combination of older buildings and flat open green space. I include Davis for those reasons and for its access to a very attractive (and friendly) college town.</p>

<p>UCLA and UCI</p>

<p>uci? are u kidding me
cal and la are the best imo
cal and ucla architectually trump the other schools
how can you say that the pacific ocean at ucsd makes it nicer?
cal (bay views), ucsb, ucsc, ucsd..and parctically uci and ucla are all similarily close to the ocean</p>

<p>ucla is only 5miles from the pacific ocean</p>