Will a course that is retaken senior year help clean up a bad grade?

<p>Hey guys, so I am in a little bit of a dilemma right now. In APUSH last year, which is a a-g course, I got a D first semester. I am retaking the class online (it’s regular US History online so it doesn’t replace the D, I know that, but it should still fulfill the UC requirement). But my question is, since I’m taking the US history course senior year, will it even matter to the UC’s? I read online that the UC GPA calculations only consider sophomore and junior year. I can get the US history online course in my transcript before the UC applications are due in November 31st (or 30, I don’t remember how many days are in November) but since the online course was taken senior year, can it still fulfill the a-g US history course requirement?</p>

<p>What you said about UC GPA is correct–only sophomore and junior years are considered. Your senior year is looked at to determine rigor and whether you’ll be fulfilling (or are expected to fulfill, at least) any remaining a-g requirements.</p>

<p>On that note, your US History course should count towards the history requirements.</p>

<p>^agreed. Your GPA is set in stone by now, at least in terms of applications, but as long as you fulfill the requirement before matriculation you’re set.</p>