Will I be considered In-State or Out-of-State?

<p>When I apply this fall, my family and I will be living in Iowa. But by the time I enroll, next year, my family will be in Wisonsin. Am I considered In-state/out-state?</p>

<p>Check with the UW system. At least for application purposes you will be out of state, don't worry about getting in based on that. The UW website is good, easy to navigate and probably covers your situation-or at least will help you direct your inquiry. Welcome to Wisconsin!</p>

<p>I think you will have a better than average chance to get it at east by soph year. As Wis75 said check it on the website. With so many OOS students UW has more rules than most for this.</p>

<p>hmmm i thought uwisc just entered new reprocity (sp?) agreements with a few states? I could be wrong... Maybe Iowa will be one of them?</p>

<p>Does not apply to Madison campus. But you are correct.</p>

<p>I checked the UW website- 12 months for your parents to live/work instate; there are other rules but this is it in a nutshell. I would still consider UW for the school's quality.</p>

<p>thanks guys! what's Madison like? what's Wisconsin like? am i going to feel excluded, does everyone know each other from h.s. b/c its a big state school?</p>

<p>also i checked the app. and it does have a special box if you're moving. thanks!</p>

<p>There's a thread in the Parent's Forum "Trip report:Wisconsin-Madison which has some fond reminiscing , you may enjoy reading it (pg 10, sorry , don't know how to access it directly). Because it's a big school it is very easy to never see anyone from your past, the disadvantage may be initially not having heard of or knowing where the towns are; but then most of the instate students won't have heard of most of the small towns either - you definitely won't feel excluded because you're from elsewhere. Madison is written up as an excellent place to live, the campus is beautiful. Liberal city and campus, some parts of the state are conservative. The UW website is easy to negotiate-check out the housing site for example and play with the campus map-zoom, get labels etc. Also use the Google Earth map to see the campus from the air.</p>

<p>bica24: Check out other older posts on Madison forum. As a former Badger, I would say some new students often feel overwhelmed at first due to the sheer size of the University. I did! But, UW's tremendous diversity guarantees <em>everyone who is willing to look</em> won't take long to find their own groups/niches. The same rule applies to study, research and internship opportunities. I suppose those who learn the important skill to utilize UW vast resources will succeed not only in college and life later.</p>