Will I Get into UM as a Music Major????? please...

<p>I am really hoping to get into UM and the Frost School of Music. Its my dream school !</p>

<p>Stats: 4.0 weighted GPA
SAT-1430
160 Community service hours
Male: Haitian
Sang in Honor Choirs at the district and state levels. Sang all over Europe with a choir. Received Superior scores at solo competitions at the district level.</p>

<p>10 extracurricular activities: Advanced Choir ensemble, Vocal Jazz, Self started Acapella Group, Tri-M Music Honor Society, ROTC, MODEL UN, Weightlifting Team, Student Council, and Theater.</p>

<p>I HAVE LEADERSHIP POSITIONS IN 6 OF THEM.</p>

<p>Wrote a strong essay- (extended metaphor telling my story as if I was a piece of music)</p>

<p>Had 4 strong recommendations.</p>

<p>Took 2 AP classes. The rest are honors. </p>

<p>I am in the Visual and Performing Arts magnet at my high school. </p>

<p>I GOT TO VISIT THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE AND HAVE A VOICE LESSON WITH ONE OF THE VOICE FACULTY MEMBERS!!! :D</p>

<p>Mostly worried about getting into the university. Would they care a little less about my scores since I am going into music? Only thing that is iffy are my test scores. I know UM is very diverse and holistic with their application process.
Do I have a shot???? Please???</p>

<p>Find NYsaxmom on this site and pm her as she can give you lots of good advice. I think alot of it will depend on your audition. It is very competitive.</p>

<p>If your sat is out of 1600 you are in, in my opinion</p>

<p>We’ve made contact :)</p>