Will you buy an electric or hybrid car next?

I think the batteries are still an issue to some extent. We have a 2011 Prius that I still really love and it has been a workhorse. It has 245K miles on it and is starting to really drop in gas mileage. I wanted to sell it about two years ago but it was going to be 3500 to change the AC as no one locally would do it as there was something to do with the high voltage and the AC. Finally found a guy and got the AC changed and it seems to be working so far but now the gas mileage that was reliably 55+mpg is 45…I am hoping my wife just gunned it a few times but I am concerned we might not be able to really get anything out of it. If I had a different vehicle with no battery I think I would get more out of it. Perhaps I am wrong and overall still very happy with it. We paid about 19K and it had I think 15,000 miles so we got our money out of it. Other than the current battery probably dying and AC we never had any issue with the Prius.

We purchased a Camry Hybrid to replace it and it is consistently getting 57-58mpg, it is much more solid than the Prius (felt a bit like a tin can) and has very good acceleration when needed (the Prius did not).

1 Like