William & Mary Class of 2027 Official Thread

In the portal, there is a button for Waitlist. If you click that, you can get to the FAQs where they explain the spring guaranteed admission options.

Ok will go back and look. We submitted the request to stay on the waitlist but missed a FAQ link.

You have to be one of the most positive attitude persons on CC. I am sure your kid will do great wherever he goes.

3 Likes

My daughter is waitlisted. Does anyone know much about the Verto travel programs option (with guaranteed Spring admission)? Intriguing. Does anyone have feedback on the Verto experience?

1 Like

Also waitlisted and interested in hearing from those who opted for a spring admission option…

son got waitlisted as well, but he’s really intrigued by the Verto option and I am trying to find out all the information on this Verto program. Seems like a really exciting opportunity and a guaranteed admission into Spring semester to the school. I am just worried if too many people select this option would WM be able to accept that many in the Spring semester and guarantee housing for all incoming?

1 Like

I don’t know if this is accurate re: waitlisted students, but another W and M page suggested the guaranteed housing might not be in the traditional freshman dorms. (Thinking upper class dorms have the openings when those students going abroad).

That is correct. Spring admits are housed in any available space. Often not in freshman dorms.

…which is not necessarily a bad thing since I hear the freshman dorms are among the least desirable! No air-conditioning, etc.

Yes, there are three freshman complexes without ac. A bit warm until mid september.

1 Like

True, at the latest by late September the extreme heat is gone and the cooler nights make it more comfortable.

Going forward there are huge renovation plans beginning this summer to build new dorms with 100% AC for everybody. It will get a bit tight in between so kids (rising Soph/Jr) need to definitely think early to figure out off campus housing options for Jr/Sr year.

1 Like

Yes, housing will be a bit messy for the next two years or so. I hope that my the time mine is a Junior, it will be much easier.

DS just accepted yesterday (OOS).
Should we be concerned about housing at W&M? Are all freshmen dorms un-air conditioned? How many years is on campus housing guaranteed?

Freshmen and sophomores have housing guaranteed. With the new campus dorm building that is getting ready to happen, it should be much easier to get housing as an upperclassman than it will be for the next two years. There are some freshmen complexes without AC. When I was there, none had AC, but we had fans and I don’t recall us caring too much. It cools down nicely in September and the fall is beautiful in Williamsburg.

2 Likes

While GGV (Green & Gold Village) and Botetourt are the most notorious non-ac freshman dorms, they are also known to develop really tight knit communities, partially due to lack of AC. Building grit as some of those kids say. And as mentioned before, end of September the heat lets up.
Their website regarding the freshman halls has not yet been updated, but Yates for examples is being torn down this summer and upperclass DuPont hall opens for freshman (nicer than Yates).
Freshman Halls | William & Mary (wm.edu)

The renovation plans The College of William & Mary (wm.edu)

2 Likes

Dupont was my freshman hall. Fun to hear it’s going back to freshmen. It’s pretty nice.

2 Likes

Taliaferro was my first year dorm (since renamed to Willis). Was a great experience and I believe the smallest dorm on campus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did you pronounce Taliaferro?

PS. Asking because we have Taliaferro county in Georgia and it’s not at all pronounced like it’s spelled.

1 Like

It was pronounced “Tolliver.” So definitely different! W&M changed name to Willis which is much easier for people to guess :slight_smile: :laughing:

1 Like

Same as the county then. Incidentally Taliaferro county is the least populous county in GA.

1 Like