Wisconsin Engineering

<p>I am an accepted high school senior into the engineering program and am wondering to learn more about it. I am considering studying chemical or biomedical engineering. I herd there are caps for students entering each of the departments and was wondering what the cut-off usually is. Also, I was wondering about the class size, which I herd can be daunting. Feel free to share any other information about the program that may be helpful. Thank you.</p>

<p>I’m not able to answer your questions. My recommendation is to reach out to Engineering School and ask them your questions. This forum is great for opinions, but if you want facts…go direct to the Engineering School.</p>

<p>^^give advising a call. They’re very helpful. Also this site has some good info:</p>

<p>[Engineering</a> Student Services, UW-Madison Engineering, advising, tutoring, transfer, registration, admission, diversity, study abroad](<a href=“http://studentservices.engr.wisc.edu/]Engineering”>http://studentservices.engr.wisc.edu/)</p>

<p>You will have several courses in math and sciences in L&S your first year or so. Excellent Chemistry department and others. Large lectures will also have small discussion groups and labs. Be sure to use TA and professor office hours- that is why they are there. Do not be intimidated by a large lecture- it doesn’t matter how many people passively listen to a talk, see a demonstration… The small discussion sections are where you interact, ask questions… There is also a math lab open most evenings to get help.</p>

<p>The huge university is really a bunch of smaller units. You will get to know how to make use of a vast number of resources. Pay attention to expectations, assignments and due dates at the beginning of each semester. Use your computer to access class info.</p>

<p>Don’t worry- you and the rest of the incoming students will do fine. There is a learning curve for every new situation and many resources you will discover once you get to campus. Just pay attention to orientation and the first day of class.</p>