Would I fit in?

<p>I'm considering applying to UMiami for communications, but I'm a little concerned that as a crazy pale, slightly chubby new jersey girl I won't fit in with the tan athletic party crowd that I've read about at UM. is this justified?</p>

<p>I don’t know, but I think on at least a subconscious level, you’re applying there because you want to be a part of that. Of all the communications colleges in the country, you’d pick U Miami?</p>

<p>And yeah, no sweat, there are lots of chubby and/or pale people everywhere, even in Miami. And I can pretty much guarantee there will be people who don’t want to hit the beach every single day, so you are in the clear, and you shouldn’t worry, although I’m sure you’ll get a little anxious after high school ends.</p>

<p>Good luck :)</p>

<p>As a Floridian, I don’t hit the beach everyday or work out. Yes, there’s going to be a party crowd, but there’s also people who don’t fit the stereotype. You should visit the campus to see if you feel at home.</p>

<p>Don’t worry, we can be the two pale girls. I never get tan, just burnt lol I guarantee you’re tanner than I am. I feel like the people at the school are very welcoming and open-minded due to the diversity, so you should fit in just fine :)</p>

<p>Sure- there are lots of girls who wear a bikini well. However, isn’t that true of any school/job/group you will ever belong to?</p>

<p>I am a UMiami grad- many years ago, but the same is still true. There are many types of people.</p>

<p>Good luck and have a wonderful four years at the U.</p>

<p>Considering college is the time to try out new things:</p>

<p>The Wellness Center (Gym) is right next to the freshman dorms, and the UC pool is a 5 minute walk, and provides nearly year long sunshine.</p>

<p>On the other hand, no one cares how fat or pale you are. Except the shallows and potential flings, but I suppose that would be the same wherever you are.</p>