WVU review for prospective students (and parents)

We had a successful visit. It rained the whole way there and back, and the fog was dangerously thick. Everyone was super friendly and we had a great tour. We also met with someone in the Honors College. I may need to check in with you again soon. We’re waiting on them to review her application though. I greatly appreciate your summary. It was extremely helpful for me in knowing what to expect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh bummer, what a weekend to tour
I’m glad you found a way to enjoy it despite the weather!
Please check back with any questions - between me and my daughter, we are dangerously overloaded with All The Information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks again! I will definitely be in touch!

2 Likes

There are many people who say that if your kid likes a campus in bad weather (whether rainy, too hot, too cold, etc.) that it’s probably a really good option for the kid!

2 Likes

A recent mailer invited my D to a WVU Distinguished Scholars weekend. What does that mean? I can’t find anything explaining any type of benefit or program associated with such title. She does qualify for Honors and is a NMSF btw.

I would call & ask. I can’t find anything about it except deep in the Googles, some peripheral mentions. Looks like full tuition & a $3500 study-abroad stipend, maybe?

2 Likes

Gatormama, I wanted to say thank you for sharing what you have on WVU and Pitt too. Your input was extremely helpful on WVU. While my student is going in a different direction, thanks are still in order. I wish you and your family all the best in the college process and beyond!

3 Likes