Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No interview here yet either. Stay positive!!! We could both be changing our bios to yale '25 in a couple of days!! who knows

2 Likes

Looks like from the posts on this thread that 18 people (46%) got interviews and 21 didn’t so far.

Hi! New here…I got an interview about a week or two after the REA deadline.

Did you apply RD?

I applied SCEA

My daughter had one days notice too. Guess that is how it goes this year.

This is a total theory with no backing, but maybe interviewers have a broad distinction they’d like to interview with, and would speak to the kids with those majors. Like for example, if an interviewer’s a doctor, they’ll note that they would prefer to talk to kids applying to stem majors.

my interviewer was a finance guy and my interests are in a total different direction lol…

1 Like

ya my guy was a french major and Im doing stem but it was a good talk.

No, they don’t do that. It’s way too much work and they don’t always have the most up to date info on all their alums.

Your total theory is totally wrong. You are assuming the alumni office has absolutely nothing else to do all day.

1 Like

I just got reached out to for an interview an hour ago by a current student and decisions come out in a week… what do I make of this?

Looking good and we will all find out soon! Be sure to follow the general wisdom of spending this time getting your other applications ready. Did you have an interview?

Just got followed by the unofficial yale class of 2025 instagram account. Did anyone else? Any thoughts?

Doubt they have any knowledge about admissions decisions, but that may be a good sign!

2 Likes

Looks pretty good! I’d say you have a good shot!

If it is unofficial, I doubt the people owning the account know if you got in or not. May or may not be indicative of an acceptance, although I think the latter is true.

2 Likes

Great, another thing to stress about!

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! Sorry, I did not mean to stress anyone out, just thought I’d ask because it seems kind of fishy–I personally don’t think it means anything.

Are you following @yaleadmissions? maybe they got it from there