Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yea I am. But even then, why would they go through the effort for an unofficial account? It is not clear who started the account. Plus yale admissions has 60k followers, that sounds like a lot of work.

1 Like

Hi, I applied REA to Yale and was wondering what you guys thought of my chances.

unweighted GPA: 96.0/100 (My high school doesn’t rank students or give a weighted GPA.)

SAT: 1540 (770 M, 770 EBRW)
SAT Subject Tests: 800 US History, 780 Chemistry, 750 Physics

AP: Will have 15 by end of high school.

5s on World History, US History, English Lang, Biology, Art History, US Govt. 4 on Chem.

Will take Physics C (both), Macro, Micro, Lit, Calc BC, Euro, and French this year.

Extracurriculars: Editor-in-Chief of Newspaper, Sec-Gen. of Model U.N., Captain of Academic Quiz Bowl team. Also sing in Choir and A Cappella.

Summer: French Language Immersion program, Brown Pre-College course, Northwestern summer journalism workshop.

Awards: Multiple national writing awards including publication in a national newspaper and being named the New York state journalism scholar for a national competition. Article published in NYTimes. I am also a National Merit Semifinalist.

Intended concentrations are Art History and English Literature. I’m pretty proud of my Common App essay and supplements and my interview went very well.

I had recommendations from my English/Journalism teacher and Biology teacher as well as a state court judge who taught a summer course I took.

I am not an URM nor a first-generation college student, but I am a legacy applicant. I go to a public school in NY with a good record of sending students to Yale.

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re legacy so I’d say you have a pretty good chance. Your ECs aren’t amazing, but the awards are very impressive

Do you go to Stuyvesant

Uh nope.

1 Like

You can add me to the interview list.

^ this is very impressive. You have a solid shot because of it. Don’t listen to @anon6850723, he clearly doesn’t know what a good EC is nor what legacy can or cannot do for you.
Did you get an interview?

1 Like

You look like you have a fantastic set of credentials. Of course, none of us has any idea who else has applied but in no way would I say that your ECs are unimpressive (someone else mentioned that, clearly to undermine your confidence which this process does to most people.) It’s clear what you like and have spent your time on and you should be proud of that. Best of luck!

1 Like

I think you have very strong credentials will not be surprised in the slightest if you get in.

Thank you! I did in fact get an interview. She was a Yale alumna who worked in journalism. I’m looking forward to Wednesday - good luck to everyone else who applied!

2 Likes

Has anyone’s noncustodial parent waiver request been approved?

Or in general, has anyone been emailed by the office of financial aid?

2 Likes

this was an unofficial account created by a prospective student who plans to apply RD (source: someone on reddit sent a dm to the account)

3 Likes

My daughter also got a follow from the unofficial Yale class of 2025 page . She’s curious how they found her name because nobody but her counselor and recommenders know she has applied . I doubt it means anything though .

1 Like

So how do they know all the SCEA applicants? that doesn’t make sense

Not difficult to do. Someone (not necessarily Yale) opens a Yale Class of 2025 Ig account. Then they look at who recently liked posts for Yale Admissions or Yale University or whatever Ig accounts Yale has. Probably many people liking the Yale admissions or commenting on it are hs class of 2021. Then they go to the bios of the people who recently liked posts which, even if private accounts, will often say Name of high school, class of 2021" and then they request to follow them. Also, with the Ig algorithm, if someone is liking a lot of “Yale” posts, these people will pop up on the Yale 2025’s person’s feed as “You might know so and so” and this person can see the high school class if in the bio and request to follow. Seems pointless to do this now when nobody knows who the Yale class of 2025 is. (I only know this because a lot of my business is via Ig - not because I stalk high schoolers to see where they are applying!)

6 Likes

This sounds creepy😅. Who has time to do all that.

2 Likes

Right?! Someone who isn’t working on her other apps like she should be!

Guys I’m low-key terrified…

6 Likes

Wait do EA decisions come out on the 15th or 16th?

16th