Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Stan-ford had something going on with showing home address or not in relation to the decision. It could all not be real and it looks like that someone who got in to yale last year had the midterm grade update thing, so I would guess this all means nothing. I would not recommend reading the stanford forums over doing you AP homework :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I would think too, because they’ll only ask for your midyear report if they’re going to look at ur app again in the Regular Action applicant pool, whereas if you’re accepted or rejected, they’re not gonna need to see you again. Also, where are you guys seeing this? Is it under the applicant checklist?

1 Like

Well not necessarily. You still need to submit a mid-year report if you get in. So asking for a mid-year report means that you’re probably either accepted or deferred. They only wouldnt need it if you’re rejected.

1 Like

Mine isn’t showing a mid-year update - does that mean I’m not getting good news?

Thanks for the information but every year is different so lets no start sharing these things… just adds more stress. Don’t you think?

4 Likes

I think we should move on from this, and we shouldn’t say nor share these un true facts. It doesn’t help anyone…

2 Likes

There is no way to find out your admissions decision early.

The speculations about “I heard…” “someone told me…” etc brings to mind a quote from SpongeBob, “Why, once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy’s cousin…”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEVaXyu0lWc”>Once I Knew This Guy Who Knew This Guy - YouTube

Or, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off;: “My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWGDxGh2G4”>Bueller, Bueller- Buffy's debut - YouTube

Or, from REO Speedwagon’s “Take It On The Run:” “Heard it from a friend who / Heard it from a friend who / Heard it from another you been messin’ around”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8jAPPjpGs”>REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run - YouTube

Just because you heard something does not make it true and correlation does not imply causation.

12 Likes

Musicallover actually said his/her own experience. I think it is ok to share what you think or hear unless someone intentionally spread rumors. This is just a chat room so the audience should take everything with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I just don’t think they should be adding any more rumors to what is already being said. It doesn’t help anyone yeah know?

1 Like

Also just wanna add that I always end my messages with the fact that you can’t know the decision until you know the decision bc I truly believe that. I’m sharing my experience but pls don’t take that as the golden rule! Things glitch and change all the time!

2 Likes

lmaoooo all the kids stressed out by this thread are going crazy on reddit. like @musicallover2040 said; “you can’t know the decision until you know the decision.” so sit tight, work on other applications, and keep moving forward! good luck everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did not get the mid-year report thing, but not too stressed about it! Everyone STOP stressing! In four days, we will know what happened! Until then - deep breaths, focus on what’s important! If you don’t end up getting in, you are better off at another school anyway!

4 Likes

I’m seeing in some places that we have to send quarter 1 grades? I haven’t heard anything from Yale about it and I can’t find it on their website. Someone help!

Hey guys I ain’t seeing anything regarding mid year grades, does that mean I am rejected? Silly question though but worth asking :sweat_smile:

No, it doesn’t

Yale does not require quarter grades, but your counsellor has the option to submit them via the “optional report” on the Common App

Would awaiting a mid-year report mean deferred since they would still be awaiting information? Or maybe it means nothing?

1 Like

Admitted applicants also need to submit a mid year report

2 Likes

I think we should stop talking about this. It means nothing whether you have it or not, and doesn’t help anyone’s anxiety. We will know in three days.

3 Likes

It may well be that they need to remove the mid-year report field for everyone to be consistent with the fact that the SCEA application was complete. In cases where it hasn’t already been removed, then it may get removed before the SCEA results come out is my guess. Don’t worry about any of this.

2 Likes