Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

i am the only person in my area without an interview request and although i may be biased, i think i am the strongest applicant (solid essays too) among the people who applied. does this mean anything, considering that yale screened applications before giving out interview requests this year?

(i am from texas for context)

No one knows😀, but be confident in yourself.

I don’t have it either…I also heard about some people having the signed IDOC??

I’m from Texas and I have no interview, really strong app (imo) too so you are not alone! I love your confidence!!

What signed IDOC? Isn’t the IDOC related to the College Board not Yale?

You’re like a more impressive version of me :sweat_smile:
Seriously, right down to the SAT score (1540 gang) the extracurriculars (also Captain of QB team), and the APs (School doesn’t offer as many, but I took Lang, Gov, and Euro, am self-studying Macro, and am taking AP BC). This isn’t to say we can’t both get in, but I found the resemblance uncanny!

1 Like

LOL! I’m sure you’re an impressive applicant. Funny to see how similar a lot of us are. Hope to see you in New Haven soon!

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m a two-time published author with lots of writing focused leadership extracurriculars. My GPA is 4.53 and I didn’t even get an interview! Really scared for Wednesday. Goodluck to my fellow SCEA applicants XD

1 Like

You could be an auto-admit.

4 Likes

Same, hoping for a yes but trying to stay realistic!

2 Likes

Def feeling y’all with the no interview situation. I’m an international award-winning filmmaker and composer with other leadership/music/film ECs and a 4.0 GPA so idk if I’m just not a right fit for them :confused:

1 Like

You guys are really impressive. Like seriously. I guess I’ll share my stuff too.

My SAT is lower (1440), but my school is pretty non-competitive with an SAT average around 1100. I have a ~98 UW GPA (taking all AP, 6 total, and Honors options when I could, except for senior year physics, because physics is gross), and am in the top 10% of my class (we only do decile so this is the highest mark you can get). I think my EC’s are pretty good. I have been selected by and worked with my state DoE’s commissioner and other leadership to create and implement statewide policies to combat systematic inequities (particularly institutionalized racism) and also being invited and working with my school’s superintendent and other administrators to reform school curriculum and policy at the district level. I also have been selected by and have worked with my state’s Educational Theatre Association to help organize and run state-wide theater events to advance high school students’ accessibility to performing arts (both before and during COVID-19). I have attended an international summer conservatory (AMDA) under dance theatre with a ~4% acceptance rate (probably my most impressive achievement in performing arts). I am heavily involved in dance, choir, and theatre (my CommonApp narrates how a particular experience in performing arts has allowed me to revisit my childhood self-expression, and how I hold that with me now). I am also president of my school’s NHS, which I guess is good that I have some leadership in my school. Besides that, I started a poetry project in response to COVID-19 and I am a certified Reiki master (totally random)!

In terms of other stuff, I think my supplemental essays are good, but there is nothing earth-shattering there. My LoRs are VERY solid. I had my dance teacher write me one, and she ended up writing a 5 page LoR that she shared with me. It starts with “It is my sincere honor to write to you today about one of the most magnificent humans I have ever met in my time on this planet. While [my name] has been my dance student for many years, he has taught me so much about myself, about teaching and about how to view life in the most extraordinary ways.” For my teachers, I had two teachers that I adored do them for Yale. The first one, my APUSH teacher, said the last one she wrote got her student into Yale, and she promised to make it scream “ADMIT ME”. The other one, my 9th and 10th grade teacher who is really amazing (she went to Harvard, not that that is indicative of someone’s amazingness) and who got to see me blossom from an insecure unskilled writer into a leader in the classroom, plus she is involved in my NHS and my district’s diversity and inclusion task force (mentioned earlier).

I honestly am over the whole comparing thing, and really striving to not let my own achievements be diminished from the awesome stuff that other people are doing. I encourage you all to do the same! Wishing you all the best of luck :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m a junior at Yale and stumbled upon this forum. Being honest, it looks like everyone on here is an angsty tiger parent or test-score obsessed high schooler. Obviously these “stats” are important, but they are truthfully much less significant than you think. For people worried about interviews, they really don’t mean much. A bunch of my friends are interviewers and it’s just to help paint a better picture – really won’t hurt you if you didn’t do one. Honestly not too sure why I’m posting about all of this, but it hurts to see everyone getting caught up in toxic minutia. Don’t fall into the trap of obsessing over ACT/SAT, GPA, and APs etc.

I also forgot decisions come out so soon, good luck! If you’re applying to Yale, you’ll 100% end up somewhere absolutely amazing.

21 Likes

Very impressive! I love that you are a Reiki master haha. Good luck to you

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I love Reiki haha, and I feel like it adds a nice touch to my app. :smiley:

does anyone know what time decisions relase?

I believe it is 5pm Eastern

1 Like

Buahahaha just hmu :smiley:

thank you kind stranger:) and good luck if you applied:D

I did lol good luck to you too :))

2 Likes