Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Im royalty. I just got a call that I got in and my puppy can dorm with me <333 #excited

1 Like

How’s everyone dealing with the stress? I can barely think about anything else oops. This thread is becoming a little spicy, but I definitely get not being able to wait! I feel BETRAYED that they pushed the decision releases back a day lol.
If anyone wants to talk, lmk!

5 Likes

In an attempt to destress, I am listening to Coconut Mall. Slaps too hard.

2 Likes

I really appreciate this comment! It reminds me that we’re all human!!! And we all are equal, no matter what schools we do or don’t get into!

1 Like

Am i the only one who applied with no SAT/ACT score? I never had the ability to take it due to test center closings. Will this possibly be used against me? It was impossible to take it before Nov. 1 because of cases rising.

3 Likes

Also, on the 16th could all of you, apart from writing admitted/rejected/deferred, add whether you send in your scores or went test-optional? I’m v curious to see any correlation

No you are not alone, due to the closures of examination centres in my country I couldn’t attempt it…

You certainly are not alone - I did not submit SAT either.

my sat score wasn’t my best and i couldn’t retake it so i didn’t submit it either

No, of course you’re not! Plenty of kids couldn’t take it due to multiple cancelations. After cancelation #4 I told my kid not to worry and just put her time to other things.

1 Like

Are decisions going to be announced on 15th or 16th ?

16th, presumably at 5pm Eastern.

I noticed that the application had no “Mid-Year report” and I know this was already discussed but I was wondering if anyone else had it on their portal and if anyone knows if it means something :grimacing:

I don’t have one either.

4 Likes

I don’t think that it means anything as I don’t have it either. Some of last year’s Yale applicants didn’t have it and some who didn’t still got in. It’s probably a glitch that they forgot to fix/don’t know about.

1 Like

This is so comforting… thank you! You can tell I don’t have it either :grinning:

2 Likes

Guys it’s crazy in less than 24 hours we will know our decisions. I hope everyone is taking deep breaths and reminding themselves that regardless of what happens tomorrow, we will ALL end up where we are supposed to be. If you don’t get in, it’s doesn’t mean that you are unqualified or in any way worse of an applicant than the people who do get in, it just means that they think you will be better off someplace else! So BREATHE!! This may seem like a huge deal in the moment, but in 10 years it won’t matter whether the Yale song popped up for your admissions decision or not! All we can do is hope that we ARE good fits! :smiley:

4 Likes

Speaking of the Yale song, my son was planning to email something like this to Yale last week. I put out a lot of fires with that kid…

Dear Yale Admissions:
If you actually accept my sister to your school, would you please Rickroll her before sending the actual admissions announcement because it would drastically improve virtual 8th grade for me and it would make an excellent TikTok. Please keep this anonymous or she will legit kill me.

6 Likes

One of my best friends is committed to Yale for tennis and will be admitted tomorrow. He does not have anything on his application checklist that says “Awaiting Mid-Year Report.” He just has all of the original materials with green checks next to them. Hope this helps.

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing. It gives hope for another 23 hours.

2 Likes