Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

do you think it was a mistake to submit a 1440 SAT? maybe it hurts my application to other schools

If your application was otherwise really strong then maybe. It may help or hurt applications to other schools depending on their range. Check if you are within the range of admitted students for each school.

A bit late, but got accepted! Submitted 1480 SAT and had no interview. Cheers!! Good luck to everyone on future decisions.

2 Likes

Congrats, @JamesP4324!! How did you do it? Did you have significant ECs? What made you stand out?

Not sure haha! I didn’t have many ECs except for a few that I really cared about and spent a lot of time in, including an organization I started focusing on health literature disparities that have helped probably ~600 families people in my community. My essays were pretty personal. Had a bit of research and music experience/awards but nothing crazy. 3.9 GPA.

3 Likes

Sounds like you had significant community contribution… that made you stand out. Great job! What is your choice of major?

Yale College admitted 837 students out of a record-high 7,939 early action applicants to the class of 2025 on Wednesday.

The number of admitted students corresponds to a 10.5 percent acceptance rate for early action — the lowest since at least 2008, and a significant decrease from the 13.8 and 13.19 percent early acceptance rates for the class of 2024 and class of 2023, respectively. This year’s early applicant pool was the largest in the College’s history, up 38 percent from last year’s pool of 5,777 applicants. The number of accepted students is slightly larger than the 796 and 794 applicants admitted early to the class of 2024 and class of 2023, respectively.

According to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 50 percent of early action applicants were deferred for reconsideration in the spring, 38 percent of applicants were denied admission and 1 percent of applications were withdrawn or incomplete.

Here’s the whole article:

2 Likes

Proud and honored to say I am admitted to Yale class of 2025!

8 Likes

What does health literature disparities mean?

1 Like

Rejected :frowning:
4.0 GPA and 1490 SAT (but went TO) extremely strong music and film ECs/recognition. Submitted a music and film supplement, I think I just wasn’t what they were looking for.

From the deferred letter is it correct to infer that they’ll select another 10% from there? Also, are they anonce it at the same time as the regular decision candidates?

Congrats!

Brown, Columbia, Northwestern, Duke

1 Like

No, deferred candidates are back in the general pool, and you don’t get a leg up on candidates applying fresh.

From the deferred letter: “we expect the rate of admission for deferred candidates from the early process to be about the same as the rate of admission for all Regular Decision candidates”.

1 Like

i was deferred, submitted 32 ACT & strong leadership/social justice/photography ECs
indicated interest in poli sci, urban stud, ethnicity race & migration
from Nevada

1 Like

1580 SAT, 4.98 GPA, 12 APs, 10+ regional/national STEM awards, winner of national poetry competitions, published research paper, strong recommendations, strong ECs… and rejected

1 Like

my daughter was rejected too. We were expecting a deferral but what can you do. We are now looking for more match schools.

1 Like

i’m super surprised i was deferred tbh. here are more specific stats in case anyone wants to compare: 3.89 UW, school goes by trimesters, 6 classes every tri, and i’ve gotten 5 Bs (all in the stem field and band, not my intended area of study), all the rest are As, (grades slipped due to stress of a family member being diagnosed with cancer), test optional, 2 AP classes (English Lit, Spanish Lang), 2 statewide leadership positions, 1 a national organization, volunteered for the 2020 bernie sanders campaign, volunteered at local library every summer since 2016, taken every single dual credit class, 2 community college classes, skipped freshman english (not common here) and also ahead a year in math (also not common), spike in english & history/govt/social justice, applied as english or poli sci major, pre-law track, mother is a lawyer, from a super small but diverse town in iowa (4,000 pop., majority latinx pop.), my school district has a dual language program, so i’ve been learning spanish since kindergarten, i’m white and transgender, 66k household income. i guess this all sounds like pretty good stats on paper, but idk, i’ve been doubting myself so much lately and knowing that literal YALE wanted to review my application again is so freaking awesome!

1 Like

Accepted. Asian male, low middle class

4.0 UW/4.7W. 1570 SAT, 800 Math 2, 780 Chem. 12 AP classes, 8 scores at time of admittance (one 4, rest 5s)

Decent ECs, research, and a lot of volunteering.
Good LORs and unique essays

6 Likes

congrats!!! hopefully some of us will join you on campus next year!! nice seeing more of us lower middle class people getting into ivies lol

2 Likes