Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Nothing yet! Surely the acceptance package they posted on ig will arrive today! I’m looking for it.

Sounds good! Let me know!

1 Like

Yes!

I received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday, as have some other admitted students.

Did you get a little note from an admission officer?

I’m opening it in a couple of days when I get back home. Do people usually get one?

There was a Yale pennet, a sticker, and a folder containing a letter from an Admissions officer (I believe), a copy of your financial aid, and a reminder of deadlines for notifying of your acceptance, housing, …

1 Like

I can’t imagine why that would make any difference

1 Like

Question about LOCIs for a deferred student: I heard through the grapevine that a LOCI for Yale is due by the Regular Decision deadline. Is this true? I hadn’t heard of a deadline before and was planning to submit mine late January-early February.

Not true

Listen, I don’t do this very often, but I highly recommend you apply to Wesleyan EDII. It’s a Common Application school, no supplement needed. Deadline is a couple of days away: Deadlines and Requirements, Wesleyan University - Wesleyan University

The college is a miniature version of Yale just up the road on Rte 66; artsy reputation gives male applicants of all colors a bit of a hook. Lots of HYPSM rejects. Nothing to be ashamed of.

1 Like

hi! i know Yale says they consider the highest section scores for the ACT from different test dates but do they look at the whole testing history? i’m trying to decide whether or not to submit my test scores.

@theater2025 the application office will only see your “unofficial” highest scores for each section that you enter in the Common App.
Here is what they see for SAT and i suspect it’s similar for ACT:

SAT (March 2016 or after)
Evidence-based Reading and Writing “HIGHEST SCORE FROM ALL SITTINGS” “TEST DATE”
Math “HIGHEST SCORE FROM ALL SITTINGS” “TEST DATE”
Essay “SCORE” “TEST DATE”
Taken “# OF TIMES TAKEN”
Planned 0
SAT Essay Yes

I love this. Thanks.

I got admitted into the class of 2025, but I still haven’t received my welcome packet. Is anyone from the class of 2025 still waiting to receive theirs? I didn’t turn in my tax returns until 2 days after I got admitted, so I think maybe that might be the delay, but it seems like everyone else has received it already.

2 Likes

Since the welcome package had financial aid info inside, that may be part of the reason.

I submitted my application on common app, it said Yale downloaded it, and I got an email with the application portal, but the application portal still says it’s awaiting for my application. Did anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

yes, I also have the same issue.
Along with Yale, my Princeton portal also says that my teacher recs and transcripts are Awaited, but my counsellor submitted them on 31/10/2020.

1 Like

i had the same issue but i just logged onto the portal again, it shows the documents received now
i guess it just takes time to update, wait for a day or two and it’ll show up as received

my harvard recs and transcripts are also showing ‘awaited’ status, my best guess is that all these schools take a while to add the documents to your file or whatever
i hope this helps stay calm!
good luck all :))