Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I just received an email from my admissions counselor saying that she personally wants to speak with me today or tomorrow. Is this an interview? I was just wondering since it isn’t with an alumni like usual, but since I’m not a STEM major I don’t know if it has to do with likely letters

1 Like

Probably third batch of likely letters. First batch was athletes. Second was STEM majors.

It’s most likely a likely letter. Congrats!!!

Looks like they’ve started sending out likely letters to non-STEM students. Not 100% sure but that may mean they’re done sending out STEM likely letters…

congrats to all you guys for getting likely letters!!!

and for the rest of you waiting for the decision day, I hope we all get in, we all got this!! :))

Just in case anyone was curious it was a likely letter :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Congrats

i accidentally clicked yes to submitting a science/engineering portfolio in the common app but later realized that research should just be submitted through the supplement form on the portal so i did that and my application checklist is complete but on the common app it says “that i may need to submit a portfolio to complete all components”

so i was wondering if i should just go with the portal which reflects that my app is complete or reach out to admissions and see if i can get rid of the portfolio part on the common app?

How can we find out name of the Yale AO for NJ (somerset county, if that matters)?

If there is some major update on you (your kid) that you feel is important (e.g. winning some award, paper getting published, patent awarded), you can provide that info through the portal. The AO is right now in the midst of the process, and I am hearing that apps are way up. I am not sure trying to reach a particular AO outside of the regular process will be beneficial to your cause.

1 Like

just look up the AOs they do have their geographical coverage listed for some schools (Berkeley). Haven’t checked for Yale.

Upload it in the Yale portal. The common app is just a conduit from which colleges download whatever is available. It’s not relevant if you clicked yes and did not upload thru common app. I did the same thing for another college.

I cannot upload anything to the Yale portal. It is closed for uploads for us.

When you log into your portal,

on the right side of your admission checklist, you must be able to see a few options such as “My Personal Info”; “Update Admissions Application”, “Email a Q” and so on.

Click on “Update Admissions Application”
Here you can choose to update your application with any new info such as awards, self reported scores etc

Hope it helps

Yale doesn’t list AOs or regional coordinators possibly to avoid being bugged by applicants and doesn’t provide a generic email address for their admissions office either, though bulldog@yale.edu was mentioned in the likely letter.

but there is an option to email an admissions question in the portal itself

Got it. Thank you.

Is Yale still giving likely letters? I know the 3rd wave is out, but the last post I saw about them was 2 days ago.

2 Likes

They are still doing likely phone calls with admissions officers. The letters will follow the calls.

1 Like

Hi! I was just offered an interview for Yale and was wondering if anybody had some insight into if this means anything given the timing of the interview. I know usually that they try to give as many interviews as possible, but Yale posted this in regards to interviews this year.

During the 2020-2021 admissions cycle, all interviews will be conducted virtually. Because of limited virtual interviewing capacity, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will prioritize interviews for students for whom the Admissions Committee needs more information. Interviews will remain optional, and students who do not receive an interview will not be disadvantaged.