Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My guess is that it still counts but that it’s being deemphasized a bit. No one will know until the numbers come out at the end. Methinks you still have a chance although I don’t know your stats. Hooves crossed!

1 Like

Many of the legacies I know (sample size of about 20) were deferred early and accepted or waitlisted in regular (mostly accepted). Seems like Yale likes to get a feel for the whole applicant pool before making the final decisions on legacy. By legacy, it’s parent who attended. Sibling legacy does not seem to be a thing.

3 Likes

Yes, a batch of interview requests came out late. I’d still push for an earlier rather than a later date if I had the choice.

Legacy counts but the percentages have been dropping over time. One of my S frosh roommates was a double legacy (both parents Yale College) that got deferred SCEA and then waitlisted before getting accepted. It’s been bouncing around 12%± in recent years. Class of 2024 was 8%, but I think that was because a disproportionate number took a gap year because of Covid.

Yeah, COVID gap years are a wild card. We shall see what shakes out in the end!

My son’s says “not required”. Did you find out what that means, when others say “waived”?

Answering myself… I wonder if “waive” verse “not required” has something to do with divorced or nondivorced and custodial and noncustodial parents.

My guess (though it’s just a guess) is that “not required” could be for people who don’t qualify for need-based aid and “waived” is for people who do qualify but for whom they don’t require the extra paperwork. Ours says “not required” and we don’t qualify for aid.

Is there anyone whose Yale fin aid checklist has the word “waived” and not “not required” for either parent or student tax returns?

maybe they all say “not required”

Where do you see the financial aid checklist? My D18 shows the Admissions checklist but I don’t see a tab for financial aid.

did you apply for financial aid? There is a tab just above the admission checklist table entries.

if you did not apply for financial aid, I assume that there would not be access to a checklist. Some colleges say like “you did not apply for financial aid”.

financial aid checklist**

I thought she applied for financial aid through CSS and FASFA. This is what we see.

Hmmm - My d’s page has a rectangular box right next to the Admissions Checklist that says Financial Aid Checklist. If I click on that box it shows a checklist of financial aid forms that we’ve submitted. I would contact Yale if you submitted that information but it’s not showing up.

Thanks, we’ll look into it.

Ah hah, I see, the 13th was the most convenient date and actually we had scheduled for a previous date but he had a meeting come up and suggested that day. It shouldn’t cut it close to the deadline right?

It should be fine if the interviewer set the date.

Hey guys, I wonder does your financial aid portal shows the option “upload financial aid documents”? It suddenly appears on my portal today, IDK if it is a good sign or not. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! I don’t think it indicates anything. I have it too.