1 Like

its possible. idk when the calls end but some years they went into 9pm

1 Like

and of course there will be more calls tomorrow and the rest of the week

when there’s still hope>>>

1 Like

Saw someone on reddit got a call for poetry

2 Likes

ok awesome!!! i know it’s a long shot but i feel overall proud of my submissions and hoping i get something :sob:

3 Likes

its so hard to not worry especially since there are already known poetry finalists. That probably means there won’t be anymore… (because each year they average 2-4)

2 Likes

wishing the best for everyone here!!

2 Likes

For writing or just poetry

3 Likes

just poetry

2 Likes

i think i know what reddit thread ppl are referencing lol. and again, i think its possible that we are all referencing the same few finalists (which makes it seem like there’s more poetry finalists than there actually are), because youngarts has repeatedly said that they don’t notify all the people in once discipline at once, but mix them up. (that could just be my wishful thinking, though, since I applied to poetry)

1 Like

If it is the college application one then I think you might be right… lets all hold out hope!! All of you seem lovely and I am sure your work reflects it <3 :smiley:

3 Likes

that’s the very one!

1 Like

little update: It seems that they are notifying people from all areas so it could really be anything atp!

3 Likes

Do you know when they got the call? Very nervous T_T

3 Likes

I think it was also mentioned in the writing informational webinar that the number of finalists under the umbrella of writing as a category can change each year. I know there were 4 poetry finalists last year, but some years I saw anywhere from 4-10. Don’t lose hope!

2 Likes

ahhhh why don’t they just send out finalist, HMs and merit decisions together this is so stressful :sob:

3 Likes

ahh im guessing writing is a really big category?

2 Likes

im having such a hard time finding that thread pls

2 Likes

in poetry alone? Because I know writing is sometimes on the longer end…

2 Likes