Young Arts 2022-2023

I always hear the least about visual art so im in the same boat as you :sob:

2 Likes

i am sending u virtual hugs. youngarts doesnt define anyones worth as a poet. im trying to remind myself (and others) of that bc its so easy to place so much value in these subjective comps

2 Likes

i agree so much. it’s just really hard and im proud of us for at least getting our art out there!

2 Likes

does anyone know how many people usually get called for short story? (also, just to confirm - they don’t notify applicants by discipline, right?)

1 Like

according to what youngarts has said in past years, they notify randomly. but, some ppl have noticed trends in notifications where some disciplines are notified first. its hard to say what this is caused by, or if its just confirmation bias. tho, its strange that a lot of poetry ppl have already been notified so far. i dont think we can really know for sure, but my guess is that its random + coincidental. im not sure the answer to the short story question, but probably a good few

3 Likes

alright, thank you so much for your help! best of luck, i really hope you get the call!

2 Likes

This is so cruel I wish they would just send it all out at once :frowning:

5 Likes

have the calls stopped for today?

2 Likes

some years they stopped at 9pm. idk tho thats pretty late. these are all good questions, but the only way to get an answer is to message youngarts directly bc all we can do is guess

2 Likes

hi yall! just got finalist notification for novel-writing!

9 Likes

OMG Congratulations!

2 Likes

congratulations!!!

2 Likes

That’s great! Congrats!

4 Likes

I also know my best friend Robert from iowa young writers’ studio got finalist notif for poetry (which was actually the craziest coincidence in my whole life), and jacqueline xiong got a finalist notif)

2 Likes

did you happen to ever hear back?

this is so stressful aaaaa

1 Like

nothing sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

omg congrats!!! btw, does the status in your portal still say “application and eligibility review”?

3 Likes

hi, can everyone say what their statuses are in the portal? @opeggroll someone already asked u but since you got a notif, does yours say so?

1 Like

I was a Merit Winner last year and mine never changed

4 Likes

yep, it’s in the app and eligibility phase

1 Like