Young Arts 2022-2023

Looking at prior years winners, lots are from ca and tx.

1 Like

and weā€™re back on the discussion board, just like last year haha. any updates today?

7 Likes

I received this today from YoungArts IG account:

ā€œHi there! Finalist notifications began yesterday and this process will take some time to complete. All winners will then be announced December 6. The timeline is published at Apply to the National Arts Competition | YoungArts Thanks for reaching out!ā€œ

It was a reply to my IG message from yesterday afternoon.

5 Likes

hoping for the best for everyone in this thread today! remember to take breaks from the thread and focus on other things as well :slight_smile: everything is gonna work out

6 Likes

I know like three people who got finalist in writing Iā€™m losing hope as an east coast writer

2 Likes

just received the same message!

1 Like

Approx. 20 people are chosen for writing each year so donā€™t lose hope just yet!! Also, do you know what categories? I know some people in novel and poetry but havenā€™t heard anything about others

1 Like

Seems the winners in writing usually are from NY, SC, CA, TX. Few are from Midwest or any other statesā€¦lolā€¦

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anyone mention being a finalist in short story yet? Iā€™ve seen poetry, novel (I think?), and CN. Has anyone seen short story? Iā€™m in the midwest btw.

3 Likes

has anyone heard about more finalists from classical music? I saw the one flute player on insta and someone referenced a pianist I think on this forum, but I havenā€™t heard about any others in that category.

1 Like

I havent seen much outside of the writing categories! im sure everything will pick up again around 5 pm EST again

2 Likes

guys even if you donā€™t get a call, please donā€™t be discouraged! your work has value. never stop creating art.

4 Likes

I know one is poetry but Iā€™m unsure about the others! One of them won with a prose/script mix so Iā€™m not sure what category that falls under.

2 Likes

The music colleges write to all the relevant applicants, not just the winners.

1 Like

Do we think theyā€™re done notifying writers?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no way to know for sure

2 Likes

at this point Iā€™m just banking on hm and merit :frowning:

3 Likes

i know at least 6 writer finalistsā€¦ i think they might all have been notified at this point :frowning:

2 Likes

does anyone have a bit of an estimate as to when they begin calls each day?

2 Likes

im guessing its around 4 EST but im not sure

3 Likes