Didn't get UCLA Scholarship Invite

I didn’t get the email to apply for the alumni scholarship, am I probably going to get rejected from UCLA?
I heard that only the top candidates receive the email, and as I have a 4.2 gpa and a 35 ACT, I am somewhat confused I didn’t receive one :frowning:

It does not mean anything if you do not get an invite.

UCLA invites top applicants to apply for the scholarship but Anyone can apply. The people who are invited to apply are the most likely to receive it because they have been identified by UCLA already. Its worth trying though. Applying or not applying does not change your chances of admission. Winners are informed after interviews happen which occur after admission. There is a correlation but not causation with being invited to apply and getting admitted. The invitation email specifically invites you to apply.

@Gumbymom I got the email today plus the previous request for more information ( the 2 600 word supplements), is this a good sign that I might get accepted into UCLA? Also im instate

God Im getting my hopes up so high, cuz i always wanted to be a bruin !

@PLZSTERN2024: The alumni scholarship email and the supplemental are 2 different things and neither is a prediction of your chances of getting in. UCLA is showing interest in you as an applicant but beyond that, you cannot read anything else into it.

Apply anyway:

Same here. Over 1500 SAT, 4.5 UC GPA (uncapped, i haven’t figured capped), related ECs. Nada.

Go to UCLA class of 2024 discussion
TheAtomicSultan
12 replies
4 threads
This year, it is meaningless. Somebody got it with 1100 SAT and 2.8 GPA from my school, and nobody who I have asked didn’t get it. All UCLA applicants got the e-mail.

Emails were sent out in waves. You might just be in a later one?

I got the email and literally in bold letters it says this doesn’t mean anything towards your chances of admission.

How long do these essays have to be?

@momver Yes I saw that, but this thread was for the anomalies. The post you referenced said the scholarship invite went to everybody, and this was state that was sadly not the case, not even always for high stat applicants. ;(

@Gumbymom Sorry to @ you again, but u seem to know everything about the UCs. I just found out I never sent official score reports for my december sat, but I did self report it. Do they accept self reported scores?

@PLZSTERN2024: No they do not accept self-reported scores. You need to send an official score report and the deadline was December 31. Did you send scores from another sitting?

@Gumbymom Yea i sent in my old ones which were 1370, but my new one is a 1450.

Moderators Note: edited to remove profanity and all caps which violates TOS
-10s4life

1420*

@PLZSTERN2024: You can send them now but most likely not in time for your application review.

I owe an update that S actually did get the alumni schol invite… almost 24 hours later. It must have gotten hung up in the mail engine or something. Weird.

Son got the invite but didn’t really look into it because for some reasons they sent quite a few general emails to him. So he thought it might be just another of those until we read here. It sounds like this is a pre-screened group but any can apply. They read the files and found something they like. As mentioned, it is not causation. But certainly hope for that positive sign of correlation.

What does a top applicant mean? My daughter got the invite. Her stats are low for UCLA, but she has had to overcome a learning disability, has many, many, many EC’s and hundreds of volunteer hours. I was very impressed with her essays, but I thought stats had to be extremely high.