FINAL DECISIONS, share your journey 2026

My son did it a little differently as he only applied to 7 schools for BFA Acting and they were:

Juilliard, Chapman, DePaul, Rutgers, Pace, NYU, Hofstra

Prescreens - Chapman, DePaul, Pace - all passed

After auditions:
Rejected: Juilliard, Chapman, DePaul, Rutgers, NYU
Accepted: Hofstra
Waitlisted: Pace FTVC

He was so very disappointed and was really down on himself questioning his talent and his goals in life. And then, he started his email campaign to Pace as that was originally his 2nd choice after NYU. Yesterday (Monday) he received word that he was off the waitlist and accepted to BFA Acting FTVC.

We made deposits last night at Pace and he is the happiest I have ever seen him!

Side Note - he LOVED Hofstra. They have an incredible department. I love the way they work their BFA Acting program. You apply to the school of Drama as a BA. Freshman year you take classes that would go towards your BFA. Sophomore year you audition. That way the teachers have known you for a year, they understand your drive and your abilities and basically the whole year has been your audition. That way it isn’t all hinged on a 90 second monologue! I would highly recommend people looking into their program. My son just really wanted NYC, that is where his heart is.

Yay! The process is over!!

18 Likes