Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Yale Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 2

4 Likes

I applied for CSS profile fee waiver as an international student but haven’t received any confirmation yet. Do they send email regarding that? Or is it something else?

Does anyone know when Yale will start contacting students for interviews for RD applicants?

2 Likes

I have interview appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

3 Likes

Interview invitations appear to be out in our region, too, as of last week.

2 Likes

Ohhh what areas? No interview over in Southern California :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Same for us also in so cal

1 Like

I know better, but part of me is bummed that D23 did not get contacted for an interview yet.

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

We are West Coast and my daughter just got an interview request/email today.

3 Likes

Where in the west coast? And congrats!

2 Likes

My son hasn’t recd any yet. And I know that kids in our area do get an interview.

Thanks - California!

I think this has something to do with the priority deadline. If you submitted your RD before the priority deadline, then (if you qualified) you got interviewed 10 days ago (approx). The candidates who submitted after the deadline - are getting interviews in the last 24 hours.

But interviews are few and far in between from what I can see.

what date is the priority deadline?

Yes that’s true- my DD school for EA she was the only one interviewed although others applied. But I don’t think the interview weighs much.

Yale does not have a priority interview deadline. From old posts (last year?), they release interviews in three waves, and each wave has a deadline for the interviewer to submit the report to Yale. I will see if I can copy the post here.

3 Likes

I would love to see that, thank you

2 Likes

From interviewer BKsquared, in the Yale 2026 thread, last year’s cycle:

“It looks like for this year there will be 3 batches of interview requests that go out as the AO sorts through the apps, pre Jan 24, Jan 25-Feb 14, Feb 14- Mar 1. Interviewers are given suggested deadlines for any interviews they do in those time windows. I don’t think when you get an interview request matters. It is just the order that the apps were processed. The only possible exception is if you get a second interview by an AO or if you are asked for an interview very late, say after the first week of March. Probably means then that you are in serious contention and they want some last minute info”

Multiple other posts across various threads as well as the Yale website itself indicates they only interview candidates when they need more information.

Anecdotally from this cycle so far: one student in our school applied end of December, interview request soon after the new year and already done, different student applied in October for RD, interview request just happened and informed needed to be done in next 2 weeks. Others still have no request. Probably best not to overthink it, I suppose.

4 Likes

Should I update my colleges that I’m a regional Coca Cola finalist? How much impact does it have if any?

5 Likes