2009 Admissions Decisions

<p>Select wait listed with guaranteed admission in Spring 2010 or fall 2010.</p>

<p>I thought I was going to be rejected so its better than nothing!!!!</p>

<p>NY
1220/1600 SAT
94.5 GPA---all honors and AP courses
Great ECs
Good essay
Great Recs</p>

<p>congrats sean! It is a good thing, you can have a Geneseo education if you want to! Nothing came for my daughter in our mailbox.</p>

<p>Also,does anyone know about the select wait list?? I just went back to school to talk to my GC about it and she said very politely not to waste my time with it. Apparently, no one has been accepted off it in the past few years-and due to the economy, she doesn't envision anything different this year.</p>

<p>So basically, if I submit to be on the wait list, they will let me know around the 2nd week of May if I got in for fall 2009. If I do, and decide to attend Geneseo then I lose my deposit from any school?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Thanks muffy. Maybe tomorrow for your daughter? Good luck.</p>

<p>congrats sean... hey are you nassau or suffolk county?</p>

<p>Congrats sean!! I didn't get my letter ( I checked the mail) so I'll probably get it tomorrow... I'm so nervous.
I don't understand that select waitlist thing, I'd like to know more about it in case that's my admissions decision. Anyone have any insights?</p>

<p>I'm dying for tomorrow!</p>

<p>I am upstate NY. About 1.5 hours from Geneseo.</p>

<p>For comparison my three friends also heard (all accepted):</p>

<h1>1</h1>

<p>1440 SAT
93 avg.
No ecs</p>

<h1>2</h1>

<p>1300
88 Avg
Some ecs
ATHLETE</p>

<h1>3</h1>

<p>1300 SAT
89 avg
loads of ecs</p>

<p>Sean256,</p>

<p>This from their common data set for last year:</p>

<p>Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list 980
Number accepting a place on the waiting list 320
Number of wait-listed students admitted 0</p>

<p>Yeah I saw that. Thanks</p>

<p>I'm upstate NY too, but in the Capital Region about 3 hours from Geneseo. So I'll definitely get the decision tomorrow.... oh my god.</p>

<p>But it seems like you were guaranteed admission in 2010 though, sean? That's awesome.</p>

<p>Accepted---</p>

<p>1400/2110
GPA 3.8UW
Lots of ECs/leadership (no school sports, but I study dance and karate/mixed martial arts, not many documented official volunteering hours)</p>

<p>Asian female from NY</p>

<p>In
1490/2260
Magazine editor, writer, photography, stuff like that</p>

<p>Ds got in. 3.78 GPA, SATs 1320, captain Volleyball team, tennis, principal cellist in school orchestra, Latin Club pres.</p>

<p>In</p>

<p>SAT: 1440/2200
GPA: 3.5
A lot of ecs, varsity sport for 5 years, congressional work, etc.</p>

<p>Congrats everyone!</p>

<p>D guaranteed transfer for Fall 2010. 1230 SAT/90 GPA. Excited!!!!! New and different type of acceptance though!</p>

<p>Congrats to your D Muffy! Still waiting for the mail over here.</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>1450/2140 SAT
97ish Average
4th out of 83</p>

<p>Accepted, upstate.
1450/2200 SAT
3.4UW Avg</p>

<p>Accepted!
Long Island, New York
SAT 1400/1600
---- 2090/2400