2016 Graduate Looking to go to Texas A and M

<p>Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how I should start to show A and M that I have an interest in their program and would really like going there. How does the admissions process work and when should it begin to have a chance at such a competitive school. Also, I'm looking at going into Engineering, if that helps at all.
Thanks</p>

<p>Would you be automatically admitted? See <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted&lt;/a&gt; (either as top 10% or Academic admission)</p>

<p>If so then the only, narrower, issue is what you need to get into your major (other than by applying very early).</p>

<p>As of right now I cant say if I would be admitted, as I have not yet even taken my ACT or SAT. Also, I would be an out of state student, which I think complicates things a bit?</p>

<p>OOS are eligible for academic admit. Read that listing & be sure to take all the courses required on the above link… </p>

<p>Ok good. I am definitely on pace to complete the required course work without a problem. The only real issue now would be with SAT and ACT, but that shouldn’t be to much of a problem. And I’m guessing that as soon as I get those scores I send them over to TAMU quickly?</p>

<p>As an out-of-state applicant you will can be accepted as an academic admit if you rank in the top 25% of your graduating class AND achieve an SAT score of at least 1300 Math and Critical Reading with at least a 600 in each of these components, or composite ACT score of at least 30 with at least a 27 in the Math and English components. If you don’t meet these stats, then you’re a REVIEW admit, which is not guaranteed. Like someone already mentioned, you will want to ensure you have met the required high school course requirements (see <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted&lt;/a&gt;). All majors are first-come, first-serve. In other words, if you’re accepted to A&M, you will get your major of choice provided it is not already filled. Lastly, A&M has some good week-long summer engineering camps you can apply to in early spring which will give you an opportunity to size up the university, the campus, engineering school and the dorms. This summer, both civil and aerospace engineering hosted camps. </p>

<p>OK, Thanks.
And as far as first come first serve, do I send them all of my info as soon as I get it? (Say I want to enroll for Fall of 2016, do I send stuff in 2015 even though I haven’t graduated yet and still have a year of high school left to ensure a spot?)
I guess I’m asking exactly how early should I be attempting to enroll to ensure all of the spots aren’t taken?</p>

<p>The process works like this : applications can be submitted Aug 1 and you will request for your transcripts to be sent from your HS (unless things change, the online system for transcripts is only for TX HS). You can open the apply Texas application to see what information will be needed so you can gather it for next year. Although many TX students do also submit on Aug 1, applying ‘early’ currently is suggested by an admissions rep to be prior to Sept 1 - there is no guarantee of dates since it is rolling admissions, but that is the suggested date that is out there this year ( it has been earlier and earlier each year it seems). </p>

<p>You can submit your ACT or SAT through the sign up prior to taking the test by naming the school as one of your score recipients or alternatively by ordering a copy to be sent to Texas A&M after you take the exam. The school will keep your test scores whether or not you have an application on file yet. It is my understanding the school will only consider the highest one sitting with writing exam scores submitted (no penalty for lower scores submitted). This is where you should start now, studying & taking the exams.</p>

<p>If you qualify for academic admit, your admission is based only on your scores & class rank (at end of junior year) BUT the scholarships are based on your entire file. </p>

<p>Thankfully they do not accept applications earlier, there are plenty of Texans that would have signed up their kids at birth!
Good luck!</p>