2021-2022 USC Transfer

I don’t have an impressive gpa it’s average for USC… my essays were not necessarily the greatest in my opinion either but I did say what I needed to say. I am solely banking on my life experience with the military (15 1/2 years now medically retired) and real estate (licensed in two states for 4 1/2 years)

I am going for real estate development so I hope they see I am a good fit considering I been in the industry for a few years.

dont worry about your GPA (which is very good). To start, their average transfer applicant has a 3.7, so you are already above that. But most importantly, a number does not define you and USC sees beyond that, if not every 4.0 student will successfully transfer, and thats just not how it works. You’ll be perfectly fine and congrats on your UCI acceptance!!

when do we expect to see the next wave of acceptances

We are always hopeful for Thursday or Friday but no one really knows

1 Like

I believe we’re waiting for this friday, and the thursday and friday of next week.

3 Likes

You are qualified enough. Better chance for USC. It is very hard for other UCs to get in UCB and UCLA because there is no room. Hope to see you in USC.

Oh, I didn’t mean I am already in UCI, I meant that I got accepted there as a transfer for Fall 2021.

But thank you!

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, but does anyone know whether or not USC views our application updates in terms of activities and experiences? The common app lets us update them and I am hoping that they caught it on time. I believe I submitted the update mid-March.

I wanted to add that I became a semifinalist for the Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer scholarship, I believe that they may value this accomplishment.

I would still drop that info in an email to your AO. Even if they don’t respond, it’s good to send that in. You can also acknowledge USC remains your #1 choice and you are hoping for great news.

2 Likes

wait I have a question, is my assigned AO basically the one that reviews my application??

Also was wondering as well. I have been in contact with my AO, very back and forth. So I hope that shows demonstrated interest, although they claim to not track it.

1 Like

I think it’s a group effort to avoid any claims of favoritism for however anyone wants to spin the reason. But I think your AO might have some say to his or her area.

1 Like

would the checklist disappear before the decision releases? my checklist has been the same for like 2 months…

ik that the checklist disappears for Cornell the day of your decision, that’s how u know ur getting ur decision that day. maybe usc does the same? but haven’t heard anyone here say that

So is my admissions counselor the same thing as my admissions officer? Just trying to clarify.

Yes, I believe so

1 Like

Yes.

wait we can update on extracurriculars and stuff??

You can update the common application. I am not entirely certain whether or not admissions actually gets or even reads them, but I am hopeful.

To kind of add on regarding the EC updates, my AO said that they have been in process of reviewing transfer applications so they are extremely busy. I would send your AO an email anyways with the updates, even if maybe they already finished reviewing your app by some chance, better safe than sorry? I personally also think it looks good that you still are getting involved with different things and did not just do it to have it on your application before it was due!