2021-2022 USC Transfer

An SGR isn’t a rejection… Unless if your grades tanked between now and the time you have to send one in, then you’d be in hot water. But if you keep your GPA as high as possible until you give them an SGR, then you’ll more than likely get in. Don’t be sad, You’ve got this!

Spring grade request popped up on my portal today! I don’t think anyone has fully gotten accepted or rejected just yet!

1 Like

I second this, If you could provide some context that could help us understand what might have put you in that situation? @classsss2024

Are you also a TTP? I figure you guys are getting SGRs and decisions now and non-TTPers will start hearing in May

Finally had my portal updated with all transcripts checked as green today! I was waiting on my transcript from SMC since January.

2 Likes

do they only ask some transfer applicants for spring grades and is that the same as the midyear report?

I am not talking about now. Like when we were first applying they said include a pdf of your spring schedule. I am operating on a semester system. For quarters, it is different

Yes and yes. Everyone is different though.

is that considered good. I was told by admissions that I could submit my mid year report if I wanted to but It was not required. However, I did submit it

Is there anyone here apply for financial aid? I submit FASFA(include USC on school list) and CSS on time, but while I check on USC ‘FAST’, it showed action required… Is it the same for everyone who applies for financial aid?
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~

No sometimes there can be random problems or more info they want from you. Don’t worry though, the deadlines are not strict

Mine said action required for a while, I had to call the finaid office to get my FAFSA and CSS connected to my account. Some people had to submit the SSN form. You should call the office to see how to fix it.

yes mine is the same

No, it’s not necessarily a bad thing. USC wants to make sure that they’re making the right choice by accepting you as an applicant, and if they are unsure of that, but at the same time don’t think you should be rejected, then they’ll ask for them. If your grades are shaky, if you’re a sophomore with less than 30 units, or someone who maybe had switched majors while at cc, they will most likely ask for that reason. They want to see that you are making strong progress so that they’ll know you will be a strong student at USC if you get in.

1 Like

Sorry that was long but I hope that makes sense

1 Like

Thank you!!

I would check your FAST and see if there are any additional documents you need to submit. I needed to submit a few additional documents.

Thank you! I just checked it and I don’t see USC asked me for additional documents. I will call the admission office tomorrow to see what I can do.

1 Like

Hey guys, if you’re new here, haven’t checked out stats and decisions from USC transfers of 2020-2021, or want to implement your stats to help others get insights for this year, then you should check out this forum!

3 Likes

This is the one for 2020-2021

2 Likes