2021-2022 USC Transfer

Do you guys think some decisions will come around Friday this week for non-TTP?

On USCā€™s website they say that if you have less than 30 they will use your hs grades OR test scores OR wait for your spring grades to make a decision. I have quite a few AP credits, similar to yours, that put me over 30 but I applied with less than 30 actual semester credits. Again, Iā€™m not sure exactly how it is evaluated but all we gotta do is wait and hope they want to see our spring grades

last year they started releasing april 15 2020 so im pretty sure we gonna get some ttp decisions this week, but idk

do they release trojan transfers before normal transfer applications

yes

Wait guys so the financial aid decision comes out before the actual admission decision? Because on my FAST portal it says my financial aid summary will be available early May. Isnā€™t that kinda weird? lol

Yes

I just asked about the major, I understood you couldnā€™t have written about it in your app. Also, even if you emailed them now, explaining a D in econ when you are a business major isnā€™t an easy sell and they certainly arenā€™t a fan of excuses. At this point, you just let it ride.

Thanks, I understand. I just donā€™t understand why itā€™s just me, but yeah.

Wait Iā€™m just now seeing this. So, that should mean that Iā€™m fine because the D, is from a class that Iā€™m taking now (2nd semester) which started in February. Right? So it just shows my 1st semester and winter course grades, which are good. I just donā€™t understand why nobody else was asked for this. So if anyone knows, let me know!

I swear you mentioned this at least 10 times already lol.

You will likely get an SGR as many do so you canā€™t hide the D. Getting a D in Econ is never a good thing for a business major. It is a really important class, so I would assume they will want to see that grade before they would accept you. But you just have to wait and see.

Is your school quarter or semester

Yes, however as class has gone on I have brought it up since then.

Semester

gl!

Okay in case anybody is in the same situation as me, I finally got to speak to USC and it was just a mixup. For some reason my mid-year transcript from high school was sent, of course, it will not be considered because I am not in high school. He said the SGR is a totally different thing that has been sent out and will continue to be sent out, but only some people will get it. In my case, the D doesnā€™t matter (because they have not seen it), as long as I bring it up (which I have), so yeah.

However, I am thinking of doing Pass/Fail for one or two of my classes where I might get Bā€™s in, will it affect my application?

1 Like

i think there is a confusion, as long as u didnā€™t end up w a D in the class itā€™s fine. Make sure itā€™s the highest possible you can get it to though, in the likely case that you receive a spring grade request. Also, avoid P/NP as much as possible (almost never), especially in a major related class.

ditto!

Yep, thanks!