2026 BFA Prescreen Results

Just heard back from Molloy and I passed!! (submitted 12/7 heard back 12/13)

9 Likes

Hi all! I’m new here and kind of freaking out, LOL. I’m the parent of a senior and she is applying to 8 schools total. So far we’ve heard from 4 and no prescreens passed (Emerson was a re-direct to acting). We’re still waiting to hear from others, but now I’m freaking out that she’s not going to get into any! I know everyone thinks their kids are talented, but she’s made national and regional honors choirs and also gotten awards for acting, etc. so I’m a little surprised that she hasn’t even made one callback yet.

Any thoughts on the chances for her remainders? List is below:

Emerson (re-direct to acting)
Pace (no)
Carnegie Mellon (no)
Ithaca (no)

Hartt
NYU Steinhardt
Boco
University of New Hampshire
University of Southern Maine

Hartt is where she really wants to be.

1 Like

There is a thread from last year that shows when people hear. I will see ini I can find it

2 Likes

I dont remember boco being one of the ones that strung everyone along, I agree it should be in the thread from last year

1 Like

@abg32

Don’t freak out, lol. But, my advice is to definitely apply to more schools. It isn’t too late. Most of those schools on your list are reach schools. Apply to some target and safety schools, too. Lots of great schools and programs out there. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

well first of all, her no’s are all from reach reach schools, whereas some of her not heard yet schools are much less competitive. Thinking specifically the last two on her list.

having said that, see if you can add at least one non audition school that she’d be okay with
Muhlenberg and DeSales were my daughter’s safeties last year.

Hope that helps!!

3 Likes

@dharmawins

That would be awesome! Thank you so much!

here ya go:

• Boston Conservatory— 2021: ED on Jan 29, 2021 via portal, RD 2021 dropped 3/26 in the afternoon. All at once via portal update.
3 Likes

@helpingthekid73

That’s a relief! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!! She wanted to stay closer to home, so that limited her school choices quite a bit. Do you know anything about Hartt? That’s her dream school actually but I can’t really find a lot of info on their acceptance rates, etc.

1 Like

Hartt is kinda considered a “middle”
not reach reach, but still competitive. Has she been there yet to audition? Some schools will tell you on audition day exactly what their rates are. Michigan led with this
as in, don’t get your hopes too high lol!!!

2 Likes

I can’t imagine her not getting into the last 2 schools, but they definitely are not where she really wants to be, so I just want her to be able to make a choice and not just take what she gets, but I also understand it’s just a highly competitive program anywhere. Do you know anything about Hartt and their prescreen acceptance rates or anything?

1 Like

are the last two audition based? BC you want at least one school that doesn’t depend on auditions. I don’t know much about them. Remembering ofc that academic and artistic acceptances can be very different!

1 Like

Ah, thank you! Not yet, she sent in her prescreen audition material a little over a week ago so she doesn’t know yet if she’ll be called for an in-person audition. She definitely benefits from in-person, she just shines (from what other people have told me) so I’d love for her to get the chance to show them in person.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Here is the thread from last year about notifications for final decisions. Remembering schools can change from year to year of course, but they do tend to follow patterns. Here it is:

1 Like

Academically she’s already gotten into USM with an honors award for financial aid. All of them have prescreens, I haven’t come across any school without a prescreen requirement?

1 Like

some don’t have prescreens or even auditions! If you would like I can recommend someone who is a friend who does consultations who is not overpriced and would likely just do a one time look at your list with you. She’s absolutely brilliant and super super kind. Just lmk

2 Likes

That might be a great idea, thank you for the offer! I’ll see if she’s interested in pursuing that. This is so stressful!!!

@abg32

What I know about Hartt is they seem to have a reputable MT program. They are competitive, but not as competitive as reach schools. My D applied there on 11/5 and got a prescreen yes about 2 weeks ago. She has a virtual audition scheduled for 2/21. Good luck to your D! :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

it’s really really stressful and most of us get SOME help along the way in the form of a coach or consultant, even if it’s just for the list. If you private message me your email when you have decided I will forward you her contact info!!

1 Like