3.6 GPA

I have a 3.89 weighted GPA and a 3.6 unweighted GPA. I had a 3.2 freshmen year and I had all A’s sophomore year. I took AP Human Geography (B, both semesters, freshmen year), and AP US History (A both semesters, sophomore year) already. I’m currently going to be going into Junior year, with a class rank of 3 out of 110. This is school is very difficult as you all can see as my class rank of 3, out of 110. I’m very close at being #2, since the person has a 3.7 unweighted GPA. I want to get into The University Of Wisconsin Madison. Do you think I will be qualified, and will they take into consideration of this, since my school is hard and its a new school? What would tell your child, if they came home with that GPA?

Your GPA is good, but you definitely still have time to bring it up this year. Work hard this year and your GPA will probably bump up a few points. Have you taken the ACT or SAT? Your scores on those are arguably more important than your GPA.

With the school being hard, that really all depends. You’ll be compared with your peers, and since your class rank is high that helps you out. I’m not too keen on colleges’ policies, but if your school is nationally ranked, that could most likely help.

Also, your weighted GPA being that high is a good sign, showing colleges that your ambitious by taking harder classes. Keep it up and improve, and you have a good shot! :slight_smile:

Being #2 in the school is a great achievement, keep up the work, normally college will overlook your freshmen performance. If you get a good ACT or SAT score, you will not be overlooked by top schools.

^Or #3

Wisconsin resident?

PSAT score?

Don’t worry at all about your class rank or your HS. Do not worry about the freshman gpa, try to do your best junior year and hopefully get similar grades to that 4.0 (also do not worry if your grades are not perfect). You are not in a competition where it really matters if your class rank is the topmost or near top. UW will see the improvement from freshman year and if your junior grades are great you should be fine. btw- Stanford does not even look at HS freshman grades.

Assuming your junior grades are mostly A’s and you have good test scores and participate in extracurriculars you are a likely candidate for UW.

applicants with far worse gpa and scores have been admitted. Not sure how class rank matters anymore as most WI high schools have done away with it. Take rigorous classes and give it your best effort.

I didn’t take the Psat, and I’m a Wisconsin resident, living in Milwaukee.

I’m currently studying for the Act. My act prediction is a 25.

Study some more- aim for above 30 and hope to get near that. 25 is very low.

The ACT would be the issue, not the fact that you are at a hard or new high school.