A+ equals what?

<p>

</p>

<p>Words to live by. Sleep may be the most undervalued component of this tried and true formula for success. Want a sure fire way to lower your IQ? Get inadequate sleep.</p>

<p>I think one of the reasons my son did so well on his final exams was that he created and executed a game plan incorporating all three elements. He had finals at 8am on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. He pulled an all-nighter on Tuesday (studying and eating) and rolled into his Wednesday final with the material fresh on his brain. </p>

<p>After the final he ate, then crashed until 5 or 6pm, got up, ate, and pulled another all-nighter, then took his next exam, repeating the pattern all the way through his Friday exam. This exact pattern surely won’t work for everyone, but the keys were adequate study time, maximizing the power of short term memory prior to each test, maintaining adequate blood sugar levels, and never getting sleep deprived.</p>

<p>Sleep is something students do without quite often, and you eventually pay the price. You need to work nap times into your schedule or your body will revolt and you will be sleep deprived, tired or sick. Don’t forget vitamins and adequate hydration, all very important when you are running on minimum sleep. Eventually, you need to let your body rest and catch up.</p>

<p>I am a true believer in good nutrition and adequate sleep for maximum brain power.</p>

<p>Don’t underestimate exercise for de-stressing and keeping fit.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Someone has been to Gallettes I see :-)</p>

<p>…and will be back!</p>