A place to share results and audition questions

I know people don’t like sharing their good news as a way to be sensitive to others on fb, but I sure do love hearing it. Can we start a thread or even an anonymous place where people can share?

1 Like

For example, my DD just passed CMU prescreen and I want be excited about it and celebrate the small milestones and talk about how it made not passing Otterbein ok, but it’s not appropriate on fb and people in real life don’t get it, but there’s got to be others that want to share the wins and losses too, right? Or is it just me?

7 Likes

Sharing it here is great! Congrats!

1 Like

You guys should be proud and celebrate! Congratulations! It’s always nice to get a “BIG ONE” when you somehow get passed over for a lesser one - not to disparage Otterbein in any way, of course!

1 Like

Anybody else?

I love this! S23 passed Carnegie MT, and it was amazing! He is still awaiting all of his other prescreens (he hasn’t heard back from anywhere else yet), and we’re anxiously awaiting! Does anyone know when Michigan releases their MT prescreens (same with Ithaca, CCM, and Boco)?

Thanks and congrats to all!

2 Likes

Awesome, congrats, that’s an exciting one to pass! We got Ithaca redirect, auditioned and rejected already. CCM came a couple days ago (only get accepted result that came to her junk folder so check folders) and BOCO a while ago so might want to check on that one.

Also Michigan said mid December and we’re still waiting on that one as well.

This is such a great idea! Prescreens were filmed in early September, so we’ve heard back from most of them including some exciting passes - CMU, Pace, Emerson. Still waiting on CCM, Elon, and the BOCO audition WL!

1 Like

We’ve had some interesting prescreen results.
Passes: U of Michigan MT, Carnegie Mellon Acting, Western Michigan MT.
No: Pace, Point Park, Roosevelt/CCPA.
Waitlist: BoCo MT.
Redirect to acting/theatre: Emerson.
Admitted: Oakland MT

2 Likes

Pass: cmu, ccm, pace, boco, Emerson, Rider, Molloy, Syracuse, Webster, uncg, Oklahoma, Indiana
Redirect to acting: Point Park, Ithaca, Shenandoah
Did not pass: Otterbein, Montclair
Direct mt offer: Ohio northern, Oakland, Millikin

2 Likes

When did UMich come in? Were you early applicant? Mine applied close to deadline on that one, still waiting. Congrats on so many great passes!

Thanks - you too! Great results! Mine applied early to Umich (in early October as I recall).
I’ll edit my post to include the No’s - in case it’s helpful to someone.

So fun to see everyone’s results! So far:
Passes: Emerson, Carnegie Mellon, Millikin, Roosevelt/CCPA, Illinois Wesleyan, Pace, Rider (all MT)
Other Callbacks (Pittsburgh Unifieds): Cornish, Oakland, West Virginia, Molloy/CAP 21, Nazareth, LIU Post, Missouri State, Stephens, U-Miami (did not pursue as not interested in Florida schools)
Prescreen No: Penn State, Syracuse, Ithaca, Point Park, Michigan, Otterbein
Waitlist: BOCO MT
No after final audition: BW
Still in consideration: Missouri State
Admitted: Cornish, Oakland, Stephens (all MT)

3 Likes

How do you edit old post? I like that idea. Can just keep updating.

You click on the little “pen and paper” icon.

1 Like

I just heard someone was admitted to CCM MT directly from prescreen. I didn’t even know this was a possibility! Has this ever happened before??? Anywhere??

Wow awesome!

1 Like

Wow, how exciting! We got that for Millikin and were surprised, but CCM is huge!

1 Like

Prescreen pass from Umich MT (early batch of results), followed by prescreen No (this week) from Umich Acting. Realize this is a lottery school, so very happy about the pass, but this process is just so perplexing.

1 Like