A place to share results and audition questions

PS Passes: Pace MT and Acting, Emerson, Boston U, LIU, Roosevelt
No: UMich, Point Park, Depaul, Syracuse, CM, Boco, Columbia Chicago, Molloy, West Conn
Redirect: Ithaca
BA MT: West Conn, Columbia Chicago
(still had some academic acceptances from the prescreen rejections)
auditioned for MMC (no prescreen) and waiting to hear!

3 Likes

PS Passes: NYU, American, UIUC, U Miami, ONU, BU, Illinois Wesleyan, Royal Welsh
PS No: UMich, Penn State, TXST, UNCG, IU, CMU, Elon
Redirect: ONU - Acting, TXST Acting?
Acceptances: ONU - Acting
Academic Acceptances: OSU, Northeastern, TXST, IU
Awaiting: Tufts, Wellesley, Tulane, LIPA

4 Likes

Anyone else attending L.A. Unifieds this weekend? Any tips on what to bring?

My D auditioned at Chicago Unifieds. The singing portion at a highly ranked school was a heartbreak. Accompanist could not play either one of her songs. It wasn’t just a tempo miscommunication, he seriously botched them. Anyone else have accompanist issues? I believe schools hire local musicians. Nobody in the room acknowledged the issue or suggested another try.

The acting portion went well. She loved the coach who asked her to take a completely different approach with her monologue and D felt like she did well.

Be sure to bring a speaker to play recorded backtracks through. Don’t just use your phone.

1 Like

MT Prescreen passes: MSM, CMU, American U, Emerson, Hartt, Fordham (acting), U MN/Guthrie (acting)

Prescreen rejection: Ithaca

Audition but no Prescreen: BW, JMU

Accepted: Farleigh Dickenson MT

Rejected post-audition: U MN/Guthrie

Non-audition based programs: Muhlenberg, Brandeis, Sarah Lawrence, Vassar

2 Likes

I know someone who is a theater major there now in Sophomore. They let you audition for MT end of Freshman year. They only take like 5-8 students in MT. She decided to just stay in theater-be ause she can take MT classes if not full which she is doing. she has been in few MT productions there and as a lead! So if the musicals are open to all she didn’t need to be an MT major. I am
Not sure if they will
Change this policy but you can only audition for my after you have been a student there and can only apply fresh and soph year for it.

Just discovered this thread while looking for more info than the i could find in the FB group.

My DS’s results so far:

Prescreen passes: BoCo at Berklee, CMU, Hartt School, Ithaca, Manhattan School of Music, Pace, Point Park, Roosevelt, CCM

Prescreen rejections: Elon, Syracuse, Emerson, Penn State

Non prescreen auditions: Ohio University, Muhlenberg (scholarship audition)

BFA MT offers: Millikin (from prescreen)

He also applied to NYU Steinhardt and hasn’t received a “No” to his artistic submission, which I understand means he’s being considered without an audition.

2 Likes

Parent of a MT junior. This happened to her at her first live audition. I believe it was for Baldwin Wallace which was disturbing. Guy just didn’t play in her rhythm. Was way too slow if I recall. She was WAY TOO MEEK to say anything and just went with it. When she explained to us what happened (really upset), I told her, “Next time tell the accompanist what you want ahead of time. If he/she’s not doing it, stop them and tell them what you want. This is about you, not them.” Very hard for most 18 yr olds to do but really important.

2 Likes

My daughter is a Soprano as well and feels like she is in the same boat as yours. Thanks for the update! Good Luck. We start prescreens this summer

My D has had some measure of success since my last post. She ended up passing her prescreens at Northwestern and CMU, both for VP. Over the past six weeks, she auditioned, all in person, for Baldwin Wallace (for both VP and MT), OCU (VP/MT double major), Miami MT, LIU MT, Ithaca VP, Northwestern VP, CMU VP and Bard VP. We just learned she was accepted to LIU Post for MT!! Now just waiting (and hoping) on the rest. Please let me know if you ever have any questions about the process, etc.

3 Likes

Congrats to your daughter! My daughter is a current (very happy) sophomore at LIU post. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

1 Like

This happened to my son at Chicago Unifieds. He said the piano player had trouble with his song which my son thought was strange; he said the song wasn’t too complicated. Plus, I thought the piano players they hired or brought with them would be able to play anything.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything from Syracuse ?

1 Like

Has anyone heard artistic admission results for MT at PP?

I meant to say Point Park.

Their website says artistic decisions start going out on March 15!

Look on this other thread. There is more activity there.

Yes, heard on March 15th with an acceptance.

Anyone waitlisted for BW? I know it is early but the waiting is killing me :slight_smile: Has anyone heard anything?