About Being Admitted and Lowering Chances in Others

<p>Hey so I have heard around my school that if one is accepted into one UC (such as Davis), their chances for the other UCs drop because they have already been admitted to one. Now, I think this is kind of ridiculous since they are all independent events. At the same time, this does make some sense to me since the student has already been admitted to a school.</p>

<p>Can anyone clarify for sure? I’ve already been admitted to Davis, but I also want an equal shot at CAL and LA.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I don't think this is the case, but I don't know for sure.</p>

<p>Someone already asked this, but the chances that this is true are fairly low. There are upwards of 200,000 applications a year. Even the adcom for Davis said that this isn't taken into consideration.</p>

<p>Lol, thanks for asking the question!</p>

<p>I was TOTALLY wondering the same thing. And I was like "... Does this mean LA and Berkeley don't want me? NUUUU! EVILNESS!" ;-;</p>

<p>Schools like UCD, UCSD, and UCSC have defined formulas for admissions and do NOT include any category for having been admitted into other schools. Only in UCLA and Cal are there holistic admissions that are not driven by a strict formula. Thus, in those two it is theoretically possible but I doubt it. </p>

<p>CC has too many cases of students accepted into multiple schools for this to be true.</p>

<p>I don't think they're related because I got in Davis and SD.</p>

<p>i got into davis, sd, ucla, and berkeley with regents in all of them, so it really does not matter</p>