Acceptance and Merit Letters

<p>Does anyone know when applicants should expect to receive acceptance letters? How about merit scholarships? Thanks.</p>

<p>Son was told decisions would be mailed around the middle of March. Merit ???</p>

<p>Hi @reenie287 and @student4ever:slight_smile: , we are still working through our files this week, but we’re looking good to start getting them out the door by next week, hopefully! Financial Aid should come within a week or so of an accepted letter being mailed. I know it’s a tough wait, but we’re almost there!</p>

<p>My daughter got her acceptance letter today (regular decision) but no mention of any merit $. Does this mean she isn’t getting any scholarship or does that come with the financial aid letter? </p>

<p>@tubamomNY - Congrats to your daughter!! DS also got his acceptance letter today, which confirmed Nicole’s response above. In the acceptance letter, it said, “You will receive a Financial Aid/Scholarship Award letter in approximately two weeks.” :)</p>

<p>My DS is so excited about his acceptance to Champlain. Now we just wait and pray a little longer that the merit/financial package will work!! </p>

<p>I love seeing all the excitement in here!! Congratulations to your daughter, @tubamomNY, and to your sons, @student4ever and @tpcrd66! The financial information should come in about a week or so. If more time goes by, you can also contact the Financial Aid Office at <a href=“mailto:finaid@champlain.edu”>finaid@champlain.edu</a>!</p>

<p>My D got her financial aid letter today. After scholarships, it is about $4K short. She is sad. Has anyone ever successfully appealed their award? If so, how did you do?</p>

<p>My daughter received her financial aid letter yesterday also. Decent scholarships, however part of the “award” was a $30,000 parent loan. Not enough to keep Champlain at the top of her list. She has received better scholarships from other schools. I am glad she has some other good options since we will have two kids in college next year. Good luck to everyone with your decisions!</p>

<p>Hello all, Financial Aid package arrived! Nice scholarships but really was hoping for less of a gap…disappointed…love Champlain!! </p>

<p>@NicoleChamplain - my S hasn’t heard anything. Seems like he didn’t get accepted. Is that probably right?</p>

<p>Hi @reenie287, not necessarily. We are still working through some files, so there’s a chance his file could be in there. We do have other decisions that haven’t hit the mail yet, as well. If he’d like, he can reach out to his counselor to get an idea of when he’d hear. We’re working through them as quickly as we can!</p>

<p>To all others - sorry to hear that the FA packages are lacking a bit to help. Please do reach out to the Financial Aid Office to discuss it with them. Sometimes we’re not able to overcome a significant gap, but I still encourage you to talk to them to see what IS possible. Email them at <a href=“mailto:finaid@champlain.edu”>finaid@champlain.edu</a></p>

<p>Just found out that Game Design decisions have not been finalized. Just have to wait a little more. </p>

<p>Ah yes @reenie287, we’re still working through those! Trying to get through as much as we can ASAP. Hopefully not too much longer of a wait now!</p>

<p>Has anyone received an acceptance to the Game Design Program yet? Wondering if Champlain has started to send them out. I guess it is good that I haven’t received a rejection!</p>

<p>Hi @turadis, we’re still sending some decisions out this week - we’re getting through the last of them though, hopefully! </p>

<p>I wanted to thank everyone who posted candidly about their award money. Champlain sounds PERFECT for my daughter, but she is not likely to receive much need based aid. Champlain is definitely at the top of the list of schools she will apply to (she’s a sophomore now), but I don’t want to get her too excited about it until we know whether it will be doable for us, cost-wise. </p>

<p>Hi @scylla, I’m glad to hear that your daughter is already thinking about us! I can completely understand your appreciation of others’ posts, but also want to make sure it’s clear that it’s a very individualized process here at Champlain. It’s hard for me even as a counselor to be able to advise a student regarding how much aid they could qualify for. I’m glad that you won’t knock us out of the running but are also open to possibilities depending on what’s doable. I also counsel all to contact our Financial Aid Office during the process - they can really speak quite candidly as well about what might be doable for a student and their family. We’ll look forward to working with you in a few years!</p>

<p>Champlain also has merit aid, and you don’t have to be a “superstar” to be eligible!</p>