Acceptances?

<p>Anyone been accepted yet?</p>

<p>Only EA action acceptances have been sent. JMU will notify students of academic acceptances within the next two weeks (by April 1). Program acceptance to students admitted academically will follow shortly thereafter.</p>

<p>How will program acceptances be sent? Email, snail mail, or on the myMadison portal?</p>

<p>Program acceptances, waitlist offers, and denials will be sent to academically admitted students via snail mail and/ or email. These are not posted on the myMadison portal. So, it may take a week or so after academic acceptances are posted on myMadison to find out program acceptances via snail and/ or email. We aim to get these out as soon as possible, but they may take until April 1. . </p>

<p>sooo, it looks like academic acceptances are posted. Now my child’s brain is completely stalled until news of program decisions are released. The mail truck cannot come soon enough! </p>

<p>My D will be anxiously awaiting as well!!! [-O< </p>

<p>Letters were mailed out today to academically admitted students, letting them know if they have been admitted, waitlisted, or not admitted to the the Musical Theatre and Theatre programs. So, you should know by the end of this week or beginning of next week.</p>

<p>Some students may also receive an email before letters arrive, but many will receive the letter before or instead of an email. The waiting should be over by April 1. If you do not hear from the program via email or snail mail by April 1, please contact the School of Theatre and Dance at <a href=“mailto:theatredance@jmu.edu”>theatredance@jmu.edu</a>. </p>

<p>I really appreciate your quick response KatMT! </p>

<p>If you don’t receive an email does that automatically mean you haven’t been admitted or do acceptances come both ways?</p>

<p>I understand you will receive a letter via email IF you have been accepted to the University. The letter will be accept, reject or waitlist. You could get this information via email but likely a letter in the mail. If you have not been accepted to the U, you will not receive a letter. You can find your decision regarding acceptance to the University on my madison.</p>

<p>I’m sorry, @Raam1012 I meant specifically for the musical theatre program. I received my admission to the university today in my madison. I just don’t know how I will find out about the musical theatre situation…by email or snail mail.</p>

<p>Acceptances to the Theatre and Musical Theatre will all come via snail mail, some may also come via email., followed by a snail mail letter. Snail mail letters went out today, so they should arrive by the end of this week… beginning of next week at the latest. </p>

<p>sorry bwaybabie - I should have specified that I was referring to MT</p>

<p>Has anyone heard yet? We did get a letter in the mail today - can’t open it yet. Small though :frowning: Thinking that is not a good sign.</p>