Admission chances and response time?

I submitted my application in early September, and have a 3.7 GPA with a 28 on the ACT. I also play two sports, and have five extra curricular activities. I also have two brothers that attend currently, along with my father, grandfather, multiple cousins, aunts, and uncles that have graduated from UW Madison.

I am wondering what people think my chances are of getting in, and when you think I could hear back? I know the notification periods that are posted, but am just wondering if anyone has any more information than that?

Are you a Wisconsin resident?

@Madison85 yes I am

The Wisconsin resident status, 3.7 GPA and 28 ACT make you a solid applicant.

Did you know that 70% of incoming freshmen applicants who are Wisconsin residents are admitted, based on past statistics? This statistic might make you feel better/relieved/hopeful.

@Madison85 What are the statistics for Minnesota residents who apply?

With rolling admissions and thousands of applicants it could take awhile for most students. Patience is required. Congrats on getting your application done and enjoy the rest of your senior year- keeping up with the academics of course. My son finally applied (years ago) in January with top credentials so he had a short wait. Many students are put on hold while UW waits to see who else applies by the Feb deadline (your response could be admit, postpone or deny by January).

The best thing to do is to keep involved in your final year of HS and childhood without being obsessed by the college process. Less stress and more fun.