Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Anywhere. I buy all our computers through dell outlet. I got my Aggie a very nice Alienware laptop that meets/exceeds the visualization program requirements. Just make sure to get something that meets or exceeds the specs required.

1 Like

I get my PC’s through DELL “Veterans Advantage” purchase program for the Vets out there. The laptop for my S26 was listed over $1200 and I paid $677 :+1:

2 Likes

Are all the beds in the dorms the same size? What size?

1 Like

TAMU ResLife website gives all the details!

1 Like

If I paid the housing deposit late October, do you think it’s possible for me to get a single dorm?

Yep

1 Like

@gigemmm not a single room in Hullabaloo, but perhaps FHK, Walton, Davis-Gary (female only) or White Creek.

1 Like

Just in case anyone is interested, there’s a group of Northside fish who have started a Sbisa review account. It’s pretty new but they give a good sneak peek on the food that is being served at Sbisa: @sbislays on IG

3 Likes

They are twins but I think you can request a twin XL.

@Homeschoolmom28

A normal twin is 75". Dorm furniture includes a frame for 77" long mattress so wondering if a different frame is provided for an XL. Below copied from reslife…

To find out which mattress you will have in your room, please find your building on the Residence Life website by hovering over the “housing options” header and selecting your building in the drop down.

Once you find the hall/apartment you’ll be living in, scroll to the bottom section where you’ll see “what’s included”. The bed type should be listed there.

Twin-size mattresses are 36" x 77"

Twin XL mattresses are 36" x 80" (only provided upon request)

White Creek Apartment Full-size mattresses are 54" x 80"

Gardens Apartments Full-size mattresses are 54" x 75"

All mattresses are 8” in height.

So three weeks ago I requested some credits be transferred from UT Austin (OnRamps high school credit). How long should I expect that to show up in Howdy, and where should I see it? I am looking at the “Credit by Exam” section in Howdy, and still haven’t seen anything there.

If it’s dual credit then it will be a part of your transcript as a transfer grade. If AP or Cleo, then that’s done on howdy but don’t do it without speaking to advisor.

1 Like

It won’t show in the credit by exam section. It will show on your A&M transcript as transferred credit. You should be able to view your transcript in howdy.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 - my son was accepted for Public Health about a week ago. Do you know when he may receive any news on scholarships? Thanks so much!

Scholarships are hard to come by, but I believe January/February is the time Fran did most. I’m not the expert on these at all though. Someone else may have more info on timing…

I have no verified info about scholarship decisions, but I know that they are dependent on having a completed FAFSA, and since FAFSA applications have been delayed until December, it seems likely that decisions will probably be pushed back a couple months as well, so possibly April? Just guessing though.

2 Likes

They must not have transcript turned on for incoming freshmen yet, because when I click on “Unofficial Transcript”, it errors and says “It looks like the page you are attempting to view does not exist”. Does that feature work for any of you other incoming Freshmen? I will email the registrar to see if they can confirm receipt of the credit.

Congratulations to your son! My daughter is still waiting. She applied for Public Health.
Was your son auto admit or holistic?

@2024SATXDad unless your student is NMSF, or from an identified Century Scholar school, don’t count on scholarship $$. Possibly top 1-3% with off the charts stats, scores & resume, but doubtful.
A&M gives LOTS of money…but primarily to NMSF and need based.

Financial Aid tab in Howdy will show what offers, grants, etc have been offered; usually won’t appear until at least mid February.

*Corps, FTAB also get $, but that’s Corps specific.

Thanks! He was holistic. Applied at end of October.