Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Yes

@JEdge2004 & @KW94 just know that phase 2 is TOTALLY POINTLESS, does not have ANY bearing on what dorm student will get.
It all boils down to dorm selection time and what beds are open at that time.
Don’t overthink phase 2, just list two dorms you’ve heard of and submit.

1 Like

Correct. But she did it anyways. I guess she’s taking it all in. :joy:

1 Like

YES Over a week ago.

Can an Aggie Parent tell me about “FISH CAMP”? For a boy, well he’s a man now.
We are hearing and reading it is not really worth the “Fly In”.
Statements like “a touchy-feely, emotional, kumbaya atmosphere more geared for girls”

@jimdlt1 getting acceptance, paying Housing deposit and signing up for NSC are the most important steps! Smooth sailing from now until spring-dorm selection.

Son needs to join Class of 2028 Instagram pages, start ‘making friends’ with others who will be attending in the fall. Ball is in his court now.
Encourage him to check tamu.edu email at least once a week at this point, paying close attention to NSC checklist once spring break rolls around.
He’ll figure out from posts & emails, about things offered like Fish Camp, Impact, Howdy Week. He can ask around about who did what, and why. Needs to be his decision about Fish Camp, and for sure too soon to decide.

Encourage him to follow pages on Instagram. Follow/join South Florida A&M Club - they usually have a send off party for local kids headed to A&M in the fall. Local clubs sometimes offer a small scholarship, too. Fantastic way to meet other Aggie families in your area!

1 Like

There are multiple videos on YouTube that will give you a get idea of what it is like.

2 Likes

My son is accepted (hasn’t registered for NSC yet, but likely will today!), but can’t figure out where to check his tamu.edu mail. We’ve scoured the howdy portal and can’t find email anywhere. Thanks!

Congrats! Honestly have no idea where to tell you to look-it’s been several years since my Aggie was applying, and they did it all.
@ChristiR93 can you help? (See comment above from @DancingMom99

1 Like

Should we assume some links should appear in the housing portal, at some point soon? I’m not sure what the webpage should look like. My sons Howdy portal changed to 7 tabs on Tuesday, and his AIS says admitted as of this morning. He’s also registered for a June NSC. Thanks!

Follow below to get TAMU email.

https://servicenow.tamu.edu/tamucs?id=tamucs_kb_article&sys_id=74cdb7281b5535d493578443604bcb42

2 Likes

Thanks, but this didn’t work for him. It’s contradictory, saying he has already claimed his NetID, but also says his tamu emails are returned to sender, and he’s not eligible for a google account. None of the buttons work to edit anything. It makes no sense! I guess he’ll have to contact the tech department or something…

Is this what the housing page should look like, before it’s finally open for putting down the deposit? How long does it take before there’s a link or something? Thanks!

For Engineering students, do the approved computers need to be purchased through 12th Man Technology or Avinext? Or can we purchase one anywhere and those companies will service them on campus?

Anywhere is fine. There is some convenience to having purchased locally since they can have work done, but chain stores like Best Buy would offer the same convenience.

2 Likes

@Ag98 i agree with @DTxAggie - I’d purchase thru Best Buy or 12th Man. If your student needs a loaner, both stores are right there.
Definitely wait to purchase a computer, until NSC. They will go over what is needed/wanted, 12th Man always offers ‘Aggie bundles’ during summer, Best Buy will have ‘back to school’ sales.
The 12th Man website lists what every college/Major wants/requires, as far as computer specs.

1 Like

We purchased through Avinext for my class of 2026 engineering and have been very happy. I like the fact that the Avinext office is a mile or so from campus in case there are any issues.

2 Likes

Never heard of it, but if they’re local to B/CS, go for it! Being able to get a loaner asap, if needed, is key!

1 Like

Avinext has great customer service. They do personal computers but they also do a lot of A/V for Tamu (did the whole engineering building). Been around as long as I’ve been here (1993) but under different name, Microage.