Adroit Journal Summer Mentorship Program 2020

@saintanford @cheesepanda

same haha everyone at my school is into STEM, so i always feel like the lone writer.

@bluets hi! Do you think you’d be able to message me, too? Thank you! I want to find out a bit more about the structure of the program & how the online communication works

@saintanford The Discord idea sounds great! I’ll join up!

@inflorescent @cheesepanda @FlameAlchemist ah damn i just realized i’m too busy to properly mod a server, but if someone wants to take the idea that would be cool!

omg kenyon got canceled :’( i got into iyws online though!! think i’m deferring to next year – is it me or do the iyws online classes seem sort of idk thrown together? like there’s a lot that’s like tbd lmao. anyway god please adroit work out :frowning: was hoping kenyon + iowa would come through but i’m a sophomore so i guess i can’t complain lmao

yeah i’m rly sad about kenyon, wish they’d done something online :frowning: i’ve gotten into reynolds and they’ve shifted it online, but it’s only for a week so i hope adroit comes through! also if we’re doing a discord server, someone link me up!

@mrcolumbiahopeful04 @momentsilence aaa my program was shifted online too and i don’t have very high hopes :(( i hope adroit comes through too just bc i just know that my other program’s experience won’t be anything like it was supposed to be now

@inflorescent @cheesepanda @FlameAlchemist @saintanford
A discord sever sounds amazing. No one writes at my school, they’re all either band or theater nerds which I love, of course, but I need me some writer friends :). I have the time to mod one too if y’all want

@AvocadoOptemist ooh that’d be great if you could mod one! i need some writer friends too haha

@AvocadoOptemist yeah, that would be absolutely fantastic! the servers i’m in are mostly jam-packed with art kids, and they’re great but they just can’t relate to the very specific Writer Things™ we all go through lol. if you do make the server, please drop the link here!

https: // discordapp .com /invite /9b BWbr
(I added spaces because they don’t allow links. Just type it all in w/o spaces and you’ll get the invite)
@saintanford @inflorescent @cheesepanda @FlameAlchemist @momentsilence

idk how discord works because i’m a square lmao but i’ll look into it!! also oh my god lol the acceptance rate of adroit is so low, and the yield is so high lol – i feel so screwed lmao

"Last year, we received roughly 650 applications for 56 spots, which led to an ~8% acceptance rate. We accepted one student off the waitlist, as 98% of admitted students (or 55/56) accepted their spots. "

https://theadroitjournal.org/2020/04/10/our-2020-summer-mentorship-program-your-questions-answered/

@mrcolumbiahopeful04 For IYWS you can take both the online class and choose to defer your acceptance next year.

oh i wish i could read lol thank you!!

hi guys i’m writing my application right now for the poetry and i’m done with three of my four poems but for the writer’s statement i have no idea what i’m going to write about. did any of you experience this at all? do i have to write about a personal story that got me into writing? i know that the writer’s statement is super important and i don’t want to mess this up eek

Just got into IYWS too! Hoping Adroit comes through…

@bioluminescent7 congratulations!!

@AvocadoOptemist The link to the discord says that it’s invalid for me?

@AvocadoOptemist I’d love to join but it also says that the discord is invalid

@blueink @cheesepanda i’m not the server owner but you can pm me and i’ll try to get you a working one. also if anyone else wants one you can pm me too!