Advice or information

<p>I didn't get into the major of my choice which was nursing at University of Texas at Austin. I really want to go into nursing, what do I do now? I need some helpful advice or information that will benefit me and my future. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!</p>

<p>UT-Austin is a non-direct entry Nursing Program. In order to pursue a BSN there you need to first be accepted into the Pre-Nursing major designation as a freshman. I assume from your comment that you were not accepted into the Pre-Nursing freshman major. If this is the case I’m afraid that if you enter UT-Austin in another major you would have no procedure to get subsequently admitted into the BSN Program there. The only other way you could get a BSN from UT-Austin would be to obtain an Associates Degree in Nursing or complete an RN Diploma School in Nursing somewhere else and then apply to the RN to BSN Program at UT-Austin. So if you want to start college as a freshman at a school where you could get a BSN you will have to consider another College where you are accepted as a freshman to Nursing (direct entry Program) or to the Pre-Nursing (non-direct entry Program). I wish I had better news for you regarding UT-Austin. Best wishes to you.</p>

<p>From what I’ve read, & from Mwallenmd wrote you might want to go to Austin Community College & get your RN/ADN there then transfer to the RN to BSN program at UTA. My wife is going to take that route but from South Texas College. We did hear that the UT Austin Nursing program is highly selective & thus competitive so try to keep a 3.7+ GPA.</p>