Aero Engineering Honors - President's Endowed Scholarship question

My son is into the program and working his butt off but enjoying it. He was a NMS and received that scholarship and the President’s Endowed. It looks like he may drop just below 3.5 cumulative GPA.

Overall, he’s done really well but his struggle was electrical which he pulled a C in one class.

My question is does anyone have experience with going on the scholarship probation and how that went. Are they pretty rigid? How much opportunity do they give the kids to pull out of it?

His next semester is only 12 hrs and no electrical so he feels pretty good about being able to have a really good Fall 22 semester.

As a side note, engineering is tough enough, but these kids have had a hell of a struggle. My son was a 2020 grad that lost the last half of his Sr. year and goes into college during Covid. It’s been tough to say the least.

This link should answer probation questions

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/CONTINUING-STUDENTS/Maintaining-Eligibility#0-ScholarshipProbationandSuspension

I don’t know the answer to your question since I went to tu :sweat_smile: but I wanted to let you know I struggled with electrical, too! I got a tutor and still bearly got through the class. I ended up graduating with high honors. There is life after EE!!

2 Likes

my kid is waiting on his final grade in an electrical class right now; it will determine if he passes or not. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Husband was talking how electrical circuits was one of his hardest classes; and any engineer who heard howhis son got in the 80s on one test would high five him. And sure enough - two other engineers this past weekend were quite enthusiastic when they heard he had that 85 on a test! (but again, that was just on one test. :frowning: ) my point - its a hard hard class.

I dont know the rules at your school, but sometimes there are adjustment or grace periods for scholarships.

On the Fundamentals of Engineering test I took at the end of college, as the first qualifying exam towards my PE license, I literally put “C” for all the EE questions and still managed to pass somehow.

My EE freshman just finished circuits I and made an A. She said the class made everything make sense.

@tvbingewatcher2 - i know you have a very very very bright kid!! that’s quite an achievement really.

1 Like

Thank you so much