African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>@CPU did you do any ED/EA?</p>

<p>and college my ED school is George Washington University :))</p>

<p>Yep.</p>

<p>Did you?!?!?
:D</p>

<p>No I didn’t do any ED or EA because of sophie davis.
And yeah blackrose, I did too :smiley: newhouse is so DOPE. I want to major in broadcast journalism/ communications. im torn between pre-med and BJ. (awk acronym but whatever)</p>

<p>lololol at the acronym .
and yess i definitely did . im the only balck girl in like all of my classes</p>

<p>Sameeee…that’s Long Island for you. Lol.</p>

<p>EA: MIT, UConn, Pitt, Northeastern, Miami, Rochester
RD: Stanford, Brown, Hopkins, Smith, Yale</p>

<p>haha and upstate NY . its terrible.</p>

<p>but the library has so many books on black college admissions and scholarships. last week i asked her why she has more books for black people than actual black people that attend the school. she didnt have an answer lol. but literally there are like 15 out of 765 students.</p>

<p>that’s awesome CPU…what’s your major? It’s so weird for me actually using cc hahaha I always went on it but never made an account because I didnt want my self confidence to be damaged by all you smarty pants…#yolo</p>

<p>HAHAHAHAH ada thats so funny…rediculous but funny. There are alot of black people in my school but they are the ones that make me look bad. not trying to sound pompous or anything but there ghetto and rude…and not my style. Just addding to the stereotype really</p>

<p>i try not to really pay attention to the people that brag about their stats and put people down . its just annoyingg haha</p>

<p>Wow, this thread moved fast haha.</p>

<p>

I diiiid. I set a criteria for myself: the schools on my list couldn’t be under 3% black and 3% latino, lol.</p>

<p>Nice to see a lot of people who applied to Syracuse. I applied ED for architecture.</p>

<p>mechanical engineering. accepted to Pitt (full tuition +engineering scholarship) and uconn (in state, 1/2 tuition). but the big schools are coming up!!!</p>

<p>and yes, diversity was a factor hahah.</p>

<p>hahahaha nice lachica! and congrats cpu thats so sick!! congrats…my brother got a full ride to Pitt last year.</p>

<p>yeah but anything below 5 percent was pretty much a no go for me LOL.</p>

<p>and any school that had news media about racist/anti-gay/anti-women incidents.</p>

<p>thanks!!!</p>

<p>uh-oh…i didnt do any research on that! LOL i guess its too latee</p>

<p>i’m actually really scared about getting acceptances from school because of how bad my sat scores. Legit I’m like living proof/testimony as to why SAT’s cant measure a student’s ability.</p>

<p>haha i didn’t really research. if you google a school, stuff like that would come up.</p>

<p>no research needed on penn state… (no offense to anyone who is applying, my close friend got accepted and is attending, but not the main campus).</p>

<p>you mean scared of getting decisions? not acceptances haha. no worries!!</p>

<p>Hey you guys! I’ve been reading through this thread for a while so I thought I’d contribute.</p>

<p>Is Thursday the big day for anyone else here? Anticipation/fear is building with each passing day for me.</p>

<p>HAHAHA cpu, that’s what I meant. epic fail on my parttttt</p>