African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>you will get that reaction you expect when you get into your top choices.</p>

<p>I hope so.</p>

<p>it is true i keep imagining how i will react when (let’s be positive!) i get into my top schools.</p>

<p>Who here is Nigerian?!?!?! And quick question:
does drug use count as a social domestic issue? I am torn between writing a supplement on a friend who ODed on drug or the link between suicide and bullying…</p>

<p>im nigeriannnn ! igbo to be specific (:</p>

<p>SO am I! i’m a muck tho…im a quarter igbo a quarter yoruba and half ishan:)</p>

<p>drugs counts. use that one (the friend one) because that’s more personal to you (i’m assuming, from the info you’ve given). it’d make for a great essay.</p>

<p>mixin tribes i see (: where are you applyingg ? and where you born there?</p>

<p>i second what CPU said about the essay btw .</p>

<p>Thanks guys! :slight_smile: and the drug one def is more personal
and ada, I was born in NY but my parents were born in Nigeria. I am applying to:
sophie davis
temple u
boston u
umaryland-collegepark
columbia
syracuse
UPenn
Brown
Dartmouth
fordham u
unc chapel hill
northeastern</p>

<p>ohh i applied to fordham and neu too (:
i was born in lagos but i’ve lived in NY since i was like 5 . did you do ED/EA anywhere or no?</p>

<p>Congrats to you too, BlackRose!</p>

<p>reppin’ that Yoruba swag over here :smiley: wetin dey?</p>

<p>Cool! did you get accepted to fordham yet and</p>

<p>nahhhh I did RD to all my schoools because sophie davis is my top school and I got paranoid because they dont like when their prospective students apply early to other schools LOL.</p>

<p>Hahahahaha ojodeltigre I just saw that, I see you speaking pidgeon. Na wa for youuu</p>

<p>@ojo naija4life !!</p>

<p>@paronia noo not yett . i honestly forgot i applied since till i saw ur post. ive been so focused on my ED 1 school !</p>

<p>What’s your</p>

<p>Hey College,</p>

<p>I’m applying to BU, Syracuse, and NEU as well :)</p>

<p>Adababy, I never realized you were from new york…</p>

<p>For some reason when I think of CC’ers I think of the south…
<.<</p>

<p>whats your ED school ada?</p>

<p>i applied to brown and neu like you guys</p>

<p>what’s up black rose. And syracuse is my second top school! Did you apply to Newhouse?</p>

<p>Did anyone factor in diversity when they were applying for schools? I can’t be the only black girl forever hahahaha.</p>