African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>Same here, specifically the African American/black percentage. Then I look at Hispanic then native American then asian</p>

<p>I must be the only person who really doesn’t want to be in a school with a lot of diversity, i’m not very use to it.
I do plan to get out of my comfort zone by joining a black/African american students association.</p>

<p>On another note, I’m done with all my applications (i’ve been done for like a month lolz)!</p>

<p>Either way, 3% or 6% isn’t diversity lol. </p>

<p>That’s all the more reason to step out of your comfort zone, Blackrose. </p>

<p>A school with more minorities will give you a better experience with black student clubs (more students <em>should</em> participate, and from many different black cultures.)</p>

<p>Any advice for the Black class of 2013?
SAT ,College choice, scholarships
Congrats to you all btw and for those who were deferred, you will get into your top through RD and fir those rejected, I am sure any school will be happy to have you.</p>

<p>Same chica, I still have apps to do lol.
diversity is super important to me, even though im from a wealthy part of long island, there still some type of diversity…eh.</p>

<p>QUESTION
if a school’s deadline is jan 1st, does that mean it needs my HS transcripts, letter of recs, score all by jan 1st or do they just need the finished common app.</p>

<p>They need everything postmarked by Jan 1. It might not get there by then but it needs to be shipped out on or before that date . Esp common app . But still , they don’t start reading until 2 weeks after</p>

<p>Gaaah it’s the most wonderful time of the year alright. I’m still working on a few essays and things for scholarships…but here are my schools</p>

<p>Super reaches: Harvard, Columbia
Low Reach: Duke
Kinda high match…idk: Georgetown
Safety: University of Florida (Florida resident) Wake Forest U</p>

<p>My Stats:
GPA: 4.66 weighted, 4.0 unweighted
ranked 6 in a class of 620+
SAT (3rd times a charm :confused: ) 2160, 740 Writing, 720 Reading, 700 Math
Subject Tests: 800 Lit, 780 World History, 740 Bio
ACT: 32
I think my teacher recs were strong, I’ve had a lot of really good teachers. My guidance counselor is new for the school, but she worked at my middle school so we’ve known each other for awhile haha
All AP/IB Classes
Good extracurriculars, could be better: Hospital Volunteer, SGA Exec Treasurer, NHS, Mu Alpha Theta, Track and Field, Church Youth Group leader, National Achievement, blah blah blah…</p>

<p>I’M NERVOUS and I really regret not applying anywhere EA/ED o.O</p>

<p>I still have some stuff to do,
I am trying to decide the last two to apply to…
maybe I just won’t apply to any more. I feel like being done.</p>

<p>Want to double major in political science and econ and then go on to law school
31 ACT and 3.83 g.p.a puts me at a slim chance
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Columbia
Vanderbilt
UC San Diego
UC Berkeley
Stanford
Howard</p>

<p>GUYSSSSSS ! hows senior yearrrr ?</p>

<p>Sooo tired of it… -_-…</p>

<p>I’m ready to graduate. Now. :frowning: Plus, filling out this stupid CSS/Profile is killing me.
One more month until I find out if I’ll be in D.C. for college…</p>

<p>DC ? What college ?</p>

<p>American University. :D</p>

<p>whaduppp everyoneeee…senior year: so over it LOL currently doing my last supplement for emory. procastinator at its finest</p>

<p>when you guys did fafsa and you had to choose 10 schools, what happens if you applied to more than 10 schools. how did you know which 10 to choose…by deadline? acceptance? or lol</p>

<p>I’m so done with senior year.
Like I’m sad because my childhood is on a respirator and in assisted living, but I honestly cannot wait for a change. To figure out what it is a truly want in life, or at least start having an inkling.
And to be around a larger more diverse crowd than the milquetoast 84 others in my graduating class.
Still I’m going to miss my teachers and my family and my clubs and the people I’ve made friends with.
It’s just that I can’t wait to be elsewhere.</p>

<p>@college: When you’re applying to more than 10 schools, list the schools with the earliest FAFSA deadlines in your first 10. Wait a few days for those 10 apps to be processed (you’ll be notified), then delete them and input the rest of your list.</p>

<p>@Molly: Deadddd @ milquetoast though haha.
I’ll miss my family, and my friends all have Facebook/Twitter/Skype/Tumblr, so. :slight_smile: I’m ready for a change of scenery.
I think…</p>

<p>did any of you guys apply to any hbcus?</p>

<p>Hi everybody!
I feel like I haven’t posted on here for a while.</p>

<p>@Stessdout, nope. I applied to mostly schools in the Northeast. </p>

<p>and the hard part of my year is over…until May (IB exams), besides that Senio12 year will be fun!</p>

<p>oh, and I have a Cornell Interview coming up. Any tips?</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/cornell-university/1276909-panicking-about-interview.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/cornell-university/1276909-panicking-about-interview.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;