African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>There’s diversity there?! I thought it was the other way around?! What other colleges are you considering @Kali22?</p>

<p>congrats casablancama, Kali, and Zambia!!!</p>

<p>I AM GIDDY. I can’t stop smiling, or reading the letter. Oh my gooooossssshhhhhhh.</p>

<p>I applied to different types of schools, to an extent, to diversify my options come decision time. So far, I’ve been accepted to Georgetown and UChicago, and received Early Writes from Williams and Swarthmore. I’m waiting for most of the ivys, as well as Stanford and Emory. </p>

<p>Btw, I applied to Emory, UChicago and Williams because my dad suggested I should since they were recruiting me for track.</p>

<p>And if you’re not a Senior, definitely apply for Discover Swarthmore!</p>

<p>(psst… I got excited when I read your post too, CPU :D)</p>

<p>Congrats CPU, casablancama, zambia, ready2go2, and Kali!</p>

<p>Congrats CPU. :)</p>

<p>I’m really happy for everyone who is doing so well ^___^</p>

<p>oh, and GOOD LUCK to all of you MIT applicants. I’ll have my fingers crossed for y’all. </p>

<p>@NewHavenCTmom,</p>

<p>Just make your D work hard in school and keep those grades up. I think that most of us, if not all, have averages and GPA’s in the A range. She also needs to have good SAT scores. 1800+ would be okay. </p>

<p>Just work on those EC’s, kick butt on the essay, and apply to a variety of schools (financial safety, reach, match etc).</p>

<p>I forgot to add ready2go2!! Sorry! Congrats!</p>

<p>Also NewHavenCTMom - have her apply for scholarships! Community wide and national.</p>

<p>Okay, looks like it’s time for me to catch up on whatever I missed.</p>

<p>Congratulations to km313, bostonmom2’s daughter, casablancama, zambia123, CPU :slight_smile: !, ready2go2, and Kali :slight_smile: ! on such lovely acceptances!! :smiley: I’m a little blown away by all of these results haha. </p>

<p>Good luck to those who are waiting for decisions!!</p>

<p>i’m sort of lazy so all i’m gonna say is CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! Our hard work has paid off! I wish everyone success in their futures!! Noone can hold us back from fulfilling our dreams!
@CPU did you feel like you were dreaming when u got your likely letter? when i got my williams college one i did cuz i was not expecting it lol!! But awesome job repping CT lol :)</p>

<p>Zambia-yes!!!
I wasn’t even too optimistic about my chances. I am so grateful <3 lol kook at you reppin CT too!</p>

<p>@CPU lol that state of shock and excitment is like nothing else!!! I am so happy for you cuz i know how good it feels! treasure it!! LOL the next time we may feel something like it is when we apply to grad school haha. I think that they send likely letters according to when they read your app, not really geographic which explains why u got yours a bit later than others who had their apps read earlier. That’s what i think cuz i think it would take waaayyyy too much effort to sort everything according to state. idk tho. You have big decisions to make :)</p>

<p>Congrats all!</p>

<p>Thanks Zambia! Yeah, although the letter is generic, it says that they have just completed the review of my application, and the letter is dated March 8. </p>

<p>I still don’t feel like this is real lol. You have big decisions to make, too!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone, again!</p>

<p>Thanks Shrinkrap!</p>

<p>Hi All. Purdue it is for me! Anyone else?</p>

<p>Congrats! Is that the school you’re choosing?</p>

<p>I got rejected from MIT… Ah well… Teddy bears are cuter than Teddy (?) beavers :)</p>

<p>I’m sorry to hear that. Did you go to MITES?</p>

<p>No, I went to the other program that was MITES squished into 1 week, called <a href=“mailto:E2@MIT”>E2@MIT</a>. They piloted it this past summer.</p>

<p>I got an acceptance from Wesleyan University and got an AWESOME financial aid package. It would leave my family only having to pay a couple thousand.(because of our financial situation) Basically got a full ride which is awesome. I didn’t even think my stats were phenomenal.</p>

<p>I had a 1840 overall SAT score… 91 GPA UW maintained over 4 years. A couple clubs over the years. Meh we may never know. \Congrats to everyone!</p>

<p>Congrats Graphene!</p>

<p>Congrats to all of you on your acceptances!!</p>

<p>You are all deserving…Remember this is not the destination, its your journey. Now go ahead and ROCK college!!! :cool:</p>

<p>Hey guys any exciting updates? It is getting very close to April 1st!
I got accepted to University of Rochester and Denison University recently, so that was very interesting.</p>

<p>What was specifically interesting was that I applied to Denison University as a joke/experiment. My diversity supplement was:</p>

<p>“For one I am African American and well it doesn’t get much better than having an educated black person infiltrating a college campus. I am familiar with being in institutions that lack a substantial amount of minorities and this helps me obtain a wider view of the world to enhance my experience. I epitomize diversity! Envision me as that one black student that you always see plastered all over college brochures because I exhibit qualities that make for a beautiful, variegated college campus.”</p>

<p>Wasn’t expecting to be accepted, let alone receive a 20,000 scholarship. That was interesting… </p>

<p>Again, congrats to everyone’s success so far!!!</p>