African American Class of 2015

congrats on the recent acceptances! you guys should be super proud.

Congrats @KelMoo‌ and good luck!
What’s your major? I still haven’t gotten mine. @Jellybae‌

I didn’t make semifinalist for the 40 acres scholarship. >:[ UT is looking pretty bad right now in my book.

@Mathmaticious‌ physics but I’m starting to lean towards computer science and I have no idea how changing my major within the same honors program works

Don’t worry! A lot of my friends havent received feedback on their majors yet either. I wish I applied for that scholarship. I had no idea what it was :frowning:

You guys all live in Texas? What part, Houston suburb kid here.

San Antonio @drblack‌
Thanks but it’s whatever. I’ll probably go out of state anyways. Also I think you have to wait till like April to change your major. @Jellybae‌

I am finalist for USC full tuition scholarship… didn’t even think I was going to get in…

Damn! You guys sure are racking them up. Congrats to everyone so far!!!

Got into UNC and USC (presidential scholarship finalist) today from West Africa with only a 2040 SAT score!!! My only two decisions so far and two acceptances :smiley:

@IVCUSA11 CONGRATULATIONS!!! :slight_smile: I got into UNC today as well, very much to my surprise.

Congrats!! @drblack‌ @IVCUSA11‌ and @tola2015‌

I got into the engineering honors program at Texas A&M today!

Congratulations @drblack‌ @Mathmaticious‌ @IVCUSA11‌ and @tola2015‌!! I’m a finalist for the USC’s Presidential Scholarship and was admitted to UNC Chapel Hill.

Congrats!

Sorry I’m so late to this thread, but so far I’ve been deferred from Harvard and accepted to UVA and UMD Honors College (Clark) in the EA round. I was also invited to a fly-in program at Rice (VISION). Outside of that, I’m still waiting on all of the Ivies (except for Cornell and Brown; didn’t apply), Stanford, and JHU. Despite however rare they may be, I’m still crossing my fingers for some likely letters just so I can know if I was accepted anywhere else ASAP. Good luck to everyone in the coming months! And congrats on all that the members of this class have achieved!

Hey @ahawkins‌ congrats on your acceptances! Good luck with the ivies. I applied to 4 of them. A likely letter would be cool to get. My friend got one from Yale. Do you know what kind of people do they give them to? I thought they were for like athletes but my friend isn’t one.

@Mathmaticious‌ was it the yes-w likely letter? Those are for accomplished stem applicants. Wish I got one :[

It probably was since he is a big STEM person @Jellybae‌

Grats to your friend! I just had my Yale interview this past weekend, actually. No YES-W for me though.

CONGRATS @ EVERYONE lol!!! Y’all are awesome! :smiley:

How did it go? Mine is this Sunday @ahawkins‌

I was a 40 Acres semifinalist, but unfortunately did not move on to become a finalist. UT is looking pretty down for me too hahahahaha