African-American HS Class of 2020

@collegeready33 CONGRATULATIONS!!!, I am so excited for you? EA and a full ride is everyone’s dream. Which school?

@Sarrip Thank you! The school is Santa Clara!

We have a second EA acceptance to one of our safety schools with a $30,000 per year Merit Scholarship and a $5,000 Global Scholarship. Very exciting.

Congratulations @collegeready33 and @Sarrip!!!

Thank You @ChangeTheGame.

Son received acceptance to Xavier with 18,000 per year merit scholarship. Also received acceptance to North Carolina A&T( no merit money, didn’t have everything in by the 1st), and waiting on Morehouse and Temple.

Hey @Creator10, check your son’s Morehouse portal because you should have a decision waiting if all of your documents were submitted in time. My son never got an e-mail from Morehouse, but his decision was ready on 12/15.

No one finds out about NCAT Merit money until later on. They invite top applicants to a Scholars Day in early February (you should find out soon if invited) and will interview some of those students for both the Dowdy Scholarship (Full tuition, Room & board and Fees), and the Cheatham-White Scholarship (separate application that if selected will provide Full tuition, Room & Board, Books, Fees, and other perks).

My daughter received that same Xavier scholarship 2 years ago and received a 2nd scholarship offer in April of her senior year from a NASA funded grant program at XULA looking for Chemistry majors that would have made Xavier free so keep hunting for those scholarship dollars and good luck.

Good evening everyone. DD just received an acceptance from her number one choice UChicago?. Although I’m still pulling for Howard University, it was nice to see her get into her top choice. Now, to find some money for wherever she decides to go!

@MomOfThree80 , that is FANTASTIC!! Congratulations.

@MomOfThree80,
Congrats to your daughter. Mine wasn’t accepted!
She was accepted to UOIUC school LSA-Biology. She was pretty excited about it:) Still waiting for the other colleges.

Thank you all. I have to admit that this was an extremely stressful process. And I’m not to happy about how convoluted the college admissions process has become. The first part is getting in. Then you have to figure out how to pay for it?.

@MomOfThree80 Amazing!!! Congratulations on the awesome result.

Congratulations on the acceptances, everyone! It’s so good to see them rolling in. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

Congrats to everyone on the acceptances!

@MomOfThree80 My free advice: UChicago, is a fine school (congrats to your D on getting in), but it is a terrible choice for a premed.

@ChangeTheGame Thank you for the information.

My son just got into Tulane and they gave him 25K per year and an offer to join the Honors Program. He applied for a full tuition scholarship (Paul Tulane Scholarship) that he will find out in late February whether he received it. Life is good.

@ChangeTheGame What a wonderful early Christmas gift!!! Congratulations!!! Decisions decisions ?

@changethegame - Congratulations to you and DS. So exciting!!!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations…Our EFC dropped in half due to him being the 2nd kid about to attend college in our household, and with my daughter having a full ride, Tulane would be affordable (if they give full demonstrated need or if he gets the full tuition scholarship) without loans for my family. I am excited to see where everyone decides to go to school and keep sharing…

@ChangeTheGame I’ve been following you from the HU24 thread. My DS got EA to Howard and Tulane too. Congrats on the merit scholarship. We are waiting on financial aid from HU and TU. BTW, thanks for all of your comments. I read through this thread. You and @cagedbird are dropping gems. Thank you all. I will definitely stay in here and hope to add to the conversation.